[Resolved] Categories widget only showing "most used" from menus page of dashboard

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Categories widget only showing "most used" from menus page of dashboard

Home Forums Support Categories widget only showing "most used" from menus page of dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jenny

Hello,

I want to display all categories (there are only 10) in the blog sidebar categories widget, but it only displays those 4 categories that are shown in the “Most Used” tab of Categories on the dashboard Menus page. How can I display all ten categories in the blog categories widget?

Thank you,

Jenny

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jenny,

I think the core widget shows all of them, as long as they contained published posts. Do all of them contain posts that are published?

Jenny

Yes, they do. I exported blog content from our current Squarespace site, and imported that content into my local development WP and remote site (Azure). I see that for local site, the Most Used tab in the dashboard Menus Categories section contains all the categories. However, for the remote site, there are only the four categories including Uncategorized, even though I changed the Default Post Category in Settings > Writing to Environmental (by the way, the picker there sees all the categories). I deactiveated Yoast SEO plugin as that was activated remotely, but not locally where all categories show in Category widget on blog page.

It is perplexing …

Jenny

Well, maybe this is a solution, it appears to work fine. I made a new custom menu with all categories and then added a custom widget menu to the blog sidebar. Do you think this is a satisfactory work around?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, that sounds like a great solution 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.