[Resolved] Catalyst: FB menu item without Navigation Label

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Catalyst: FB menu item without Navigation Label

Home Forums Support Catalyst: FB menu item without Navigation Label

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

Catalyst demo has 2 nice menu items for FB and Twitter that are using only Menu Icons, without any Navigation text.

I can’t figure out how to do this: every time I add a custom link it needs a navigation label and when I delete any text in there and add a menu icon the menu item is simply removed from my menu when saving it!

I’m I missing something here?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Catalyst uses the Menu Icons plugin.
    How are you adding the Icons ?

ch1800

Yes, sure, that’s why I’m asking.
    By default, when installing catalyst with the demo the social media menu items look that way:
    https://cloudup.com/c8uliCKMeTj
    (and always have 2 icon selectors for some reason)

but when I add the link to Facebook for instance, I get the menu with the icon + the text of the navigation label.

And if I completely remove the navigation label, the menu item disappears.

Now I tested at another site in development with same demo site and it works.
    Apparently there is something blocking at this site or a conflict somehow.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Looks like something is up with the plugin on that site. Maybe try re-installing it?

Menu Icons has an option to show or hide the label, but you have to open its settings to change it.

ch1800

Thanks Tom, you are right: there are global and individual options to show/hide labels on selected menu items and they work just fine. Those options were not evident at first usage but found them now…

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.