[Support request] Cart Page Items looking different on 2 website

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cart Page Items looking different on 2 website

Home Forums Support Cart Page Items looking different on 2 website

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GeneratePressUser

Hello,

Pls check the 2 website links provided in the private box, website 2 has all settings from website 1, but why does the cart page look different on website 2 when compared to website 1?

Pls visit those 2 pages and add the product to the cart and then see the cart page, u will see the difference.

Also the mini cart of both look different.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The cart page on both sites are built with Elementor, GP has no control over it.

I would recommend to Elementor’s support.

GeneratePressUser

Hey Ying,

No elementor is not active on cart page its using default woocommerce and theme css, just that global header which u see that is from elementor but even if I remove that then it will be same, also the header and mini cart is from Generatepress, can you pls tell by default how does generatepress mini cart and cart page variations look? do they look like the website 1 or website 2?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. The remove product x button is added using a pseudo element with Fontawesome font which is not added by GP or Woocommerce:
    Your site: https://www.screencast.com/t/ltgkQggpKgT
    Default GP site: https://www.screencast.com/t/tn2O7tNkkb4w

2. Mini cart is not a function from GP, it’s a function from Woocommerce, no matter what theme you are using, as long as Woocommerce is installed, you should be able to use this function. And GP doesn’t modify this function at all.

GeneratePressUser

Hey Ying,

Yes that Fontawesome button I have added but both sites are using same css, I am wonder what is causing this issue coz I have exported Website 1 generatepress and elementor pages and imported in website 2.

What about the variations? the product variations show in 1 line on website 1 but on website 2 it show in new line. so which one is default generatepress look?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes that Fontawesome button I have added but both sites are using same css

No, 2 sites have different CSS, you defined the font awesome root in one site but not the other:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/GK4KTj27jtmU

What about the variations?

GP doesn’t interfere with that function, so I can’t tell why there’re differences.
    But I can confirm that if you switch theme to eg. twenty twenty one, it will be the same.

So this would be a question for Woocommerce support.

GeneratePressUser

Hey Ying,

Ok got it, it was Font Awesome plugin which was using old version of their font awesome, that is fixed.

Sure I will check then once with woocommerce team, can u confirm how does it look on ur end on any of ur website, just to get an idea of does it look like Website 1 or Website 2.

Btw is generatepress having any plans to launch woocommerce related updates? woocommerce lacks so many things like quantity buttons, direct buy now button on single products, on cart page empty cart, auto update cart, product pages lack the image swatches, all things just need 3rd party plugins or custom 3rd party code, while there are other themes in the market which offer already all this but those are specially themes made of woocommerce. Themes like Flatsome etc, but we like to customisation of generatepress so we use that, it will be great if your team can include these things in GP premium.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can have a look at one of my personal site built with GP and Woocommerce only: [removed] and have an idea ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t think we have the plan related to Woo in the near future yet, Unfortuanly.

GeneratePressUser

Hey Ying,

OK thanks, it seems your website does not have variation product, so I wont be able to see that, but I see you have made a very simple site, I thought since u know css so well it would have been made with lots of customisation haha.

I am already in contact with woocommerce team, maybe it would be some of their new update.

GeneratePressUser

Hey Ying,

Can you pls tell how did you make on ur website single product pages the option to move to next / previous product? is that a option in generatepress or some third party plugin?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK thanks, it seems your website does not have variation product, so I wont be able to see that

It does.
    I prefer simple concept ๐Ÿ˜›

Can you pls tell how did you make on ur website single product pages the option to move to next / previous product?

It’s a block element I created. Not come form GP out of box.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.