[Resolved] Cart icon customize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cart icon customize

Home Forums Support Cart icon customize

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ZZZ

Hello there,

could you assist to create what I need?

I have 2 links here.. currently my cart icon is “icon Cart – 5 items” .. This is too long..

I would like a simple “My Enquiry: 1” .. the number of enquiry is actually quantity wrap witih a circular background with different color “#009933”

Also, on mobile my menu is “Hamburger Menu” .. this is too long.. I would like to just have the “Hamburger” icon..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The word “Cart” shouldn’t be there by default: https://gpsites.co/seller/

Any chance you can link me to your site?

As for the menu, you can remove the “Menu” text in “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation”.

ZZZ

How to i give info on private info?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there you can send info via the Accounts Issue form here: https://generatepress.com/contact/

ZZZ

i have submitted the login info and site link there.. please let me know if u receive my staging site link.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have any functions active on the site? Specifically targeting this filter?: generate_woocommerce_menu_cart_icon

That “Cart” text looks custom.

Let me know 🙂

ZZZ
    function tu_custom_wc_cart_link() {
        ob_start();
        ?>
        <a href="<?php echo esc_url( WC()->cart->get_cart_url() ); ?>" class="cart-contents" title="<?php esc_attr_e( 'View your shopping cart','generate-woocommerce' ); ?>">
            <?php _e( 'Cart','generate-woocommerce' );?> - <?php echo sprintf ( _n( '<span class="number-of-items">%d</span> item', '<span class="number-of-items">%d</span> items', WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() ), WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() ); ?>
        </a>
        <?php
        return ob_get_clean();
    }

function tu_custom_wc_menu_cart( $nav, $args ) {
        if ( $args->theme_location == 'primary' && generatepress_wc_get_setting( 'cart_menu_item' ) ) {
            return sprintf( 
                '%1$s 
                <li class="wc-menu-item %4$s" title="%2$s">
                    %3$s
                </li>',
                $nav,
                esc_attr__( 'View your shopping cart','generate-woocommerce' ),
                tu_custom_wc_cart_link(),
                is_cart() ? 'current-menu-item' : ''
            );
        }

// Our primary menu isn't set, return the regular nav
        return $nav;
    }

function tu_custom_wc_mobile_cart_link() {
    	if ( function_exists( 'generatepress_wc_get_setting' ) && ! generatepress_wc_get_setting( 'cart_menu_item' ) ) {
    		return;
    	}
    	?>
    	<div class="mobile-bar-items wc-mobile-cart-items">
    		<?php do_action( 'generate_mobile_cart_items' ); ?>
    		<?php echo tu_custom_wc_cart_link(); ?>
    	</div><!-- .mobile-bar-items -->
    	<?php

}

add_filter( 'woocommerce_add_to_cart_fragments', 'tu_wc_cart_link_fragment' );
    function tu_wc_cart_link_fragment( $fragments ) {
    	global $woocommerce;
    	$fragments['.cart-contents span.number-of-items'] = ( WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() > 0 ) ? '<span class="number-of-items">' . wp_kses_data( WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() ) . '</span>' : '<span class="number-of-items"></span>';
    	return $fragments;
    }

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','tu_remove_wc_cart_item' );
    function tu_remove_wc_cart_item() {
        remove_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items','generatepress_wc_menu_cart', 10, 2 );
        add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items','tu_custom_wc_menu_cart', 10, 2 );

remove_action( 'generate_inside_navigation','generatepress_wc_mobile_cart_link' );
        remove_action( 'generate_inside_mobile_header','generatepress_wc_mobile_cart_link' );

add_action( 'generate_inside_navigation','tu_custom_wc_mobile_cart_link' );
        add_action( 'generate_inside_mobile_header','tu_custom_wc_mobile_cart_link' );
    }

I got this code from this link https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/show-quantity-in-cart-in-menu-instead-of-total-costs/#post-332691

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In your first function, remove this bit: <?php _e( 'Cart','generate-woocommerce' );?> -

ZZZ

Hi Tom,

Yes ‘cart’ is removed now.. could you please check this image?

This is what i want to achieve for end results.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah ok, so instead of removing the “Cart” text I mentioned above, just replace it with “My Enquiry”.

Then, add this CSS to remove the icon:

.main-navigation a.cart-contents:before, 
    .secondary-navigation a.cart-contents:before {
        display: none;
    }

Then in that first function, find item and remove it. Then on the same line, find items and remove it.

Then for the green circle, try this CSS:

.number-of-items {
        background: green;
        color: white;
        display: inline-block;
        text-align: center;
        width: 75px;
        height: 75px;
        line-height: 75px;
        border-radius: 50%;
    }

You may need to change the width and height.

ZZZ

Hey Tom,

got it working!

the green circle CSS was a headstart, i manage to figure it out to make it align!

I have another query, hope u can assist.. I am using a customize woocommerce email sent to customers.. I would like to remove the order number and the total row.. wonder if u could assist!

ZZZ

OOps, it worked fine for the cart number of items if there are items in the cart.. if the cart is empty, the zero doesn’t show..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you share what you have as your first function now?

I’m not sure about the email unfortunately – that’s something you’ll need to raise with WC support.

ZZZ
        ob_start();
        ?>
        <a href="<?php echo esc_url( WC()->cart->get_cart_url() ); ?>" class="cart-contents" title="<?php esc_attr_e( 'View your shopping cart','generate-woocommerce' ); ?>">
            <?php _e( 'Enquiry','generate-woocommerce' );?><?php echo sprintf ( _n( '<span class="number-of-items">%d</span>', '<span class="number-of-items">%d</span>', WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() ), WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() ); ?>
        </a>
        <?php
        return ob_get_clean();
    }

function tu_custom_wc_menu_cart( $nav, $args ) {
        if ( $args->theme_location == 'primary' && generatepress_wc_get_setting( 'cart_menu_item' ) ) {
            return sprintf( 
                '%1$s 
                <li class="wc-menu-item %4$s" title="%2$s">
                    %3$s
                </li>',
                $nav,
                esc_attr__( 'View your shopping cart','generate-woocommerce' ),
                tu_custom_wc_cart_link(),
                is_cart() ? 'current-menu-item' : ''
            );
        }

// Our primary menu isn't set, return the regular nav
        return $nav;
    }

function tu_custom_wc_mobile_cart_link() {
    	if ( function_exists( 'generatepress_wc_get_setting' ) && ! generatepress_wc_get_setting( 'cart_menu_item' ) ) {
    		return;
    	}
    	?>
    	<div class="mobile-bar-items wc-mobile-cart-items">
    		<?php do_action( 'generate_mobile_cart_items' ); ?>
    		<?php echo tu_custom_wc_cart_link(); ?>
    	</div><!-- .mobile-bar-items -->
    	<?php

}

add_filter( 'woocommerce_add_to_cart_fragments', 'tu_wc_cart_link_fragment' );
    function tu_wc_cart_link_fragment( $fragments ) {
    	global $woocommerce;
    	$fragments['.cart-contents span.number-of-items'] = ( WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() > 0 ) ? '<span class="number-of-items">' . wp_kses_data( WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count() ) . '</span>' : '<span class="number-of-items"></span>';
    	return $fragments;
    }

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','tu_remove_wc_cart_item' );
    function tu_remove_wc_cart_item() {
        remove_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items','generatepress_wc_menu_cart', 10, 2 );
        add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items','tu_custom_wc_menu_cart', 10, 2 );

remove_action( 'generate_inside_navigation','generatepress_wc_mobile_cart_link' );
        remove_action( 'generate_inside_mobile_header','generatepress_wc_mobile_cart_link' );

add_action( 'generate_inside_navigation','tu_custom_wc_mobile_cart_link' );
        add_action( 'generate_inside_mobile_header','tu_custom_wc_mobile_cart_link' );
    }

the above is the current function.. somehow I feel if the cart is empty there is no “0” to show the number of items in the cart.. could this be it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try replacing the first function with this:

ob_start();
        $count = WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count();
        ?>
            <?php _e( 'Enquiry','generate-woocommerce' );?>

<?php 
            if ( $count > 0 ) {
                echo sprintf ( _n( '<span class="number-of-items">%d</span>', '<span class="number-of-items">%d</span>', $count ), $count );
            } else {
                echo '<span class="number-of-items">0</span>';
            }
            ?>
        </a>
        <?php
        return ob_get_clean();
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.