[Resolved] Cart Function for Woocommerce on pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cart Function for Woocommerce on pages

Home Forums Support Cart Function for Woocommerce on pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FunkyCss

Hallo Tom,

This topic is been opened again in the past by me, and i wanted to point an “issue” for the websites that are using Woocommerce.

First i want to point something and give credits to Generatepress once again, i believe that Generatepress is considered wrong by a couple of users as a not good for Woo stores, i actually believe that is the best choice as it is simple- elegant with few minimal but powerfull options that give you what you need to start.

But the are some parts that i believe can be a bit a bit better, like one and very important for user experience that i want to point bellow ->

You should allow the ( Go to check out ) pop up style – when you add to cart a product that is not in archives but is on pages ( Woocommerce Blocks ) – At least something that will make the user feel that they have added something in the cart? Maybe you should allow somehow the default woocommerce style , view cart ? This is a real pain in the ass when someone wants to use Gutenberg with Woocommerce Blocks..

I am a Woocommerce user mostly, and there are a lot of people that use GP in small stores to medium and the reason is the performance and this is where GP shines!

But i feel that there can be a couple of small improvements and some areas can be polished like SVG icons on cart etc.

Andreas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I agree – there are a handful of things we want to improve with WooCommerce very soon.

For now, a filter might be able to solve the issue for you.

Not 100% sure it will work with their blocks (they should provide their own message when using blocks, really), but let’s try:

add_filter( 'generate_woocommerce_show_add_to_cart_panel', function( $show ) {
        if ( is_page( 'My Page With Blocks' ) ) {
            return true;
        }

return $show;
    } );

Let me know 🙂

FunkyCss

Hallo Tom!

Thanks and actually it works , in my case is front page so the code is if someone needs it

add_filter( 'generate_woocommerce_show_add_to_cart_panel', function( $show ) {
        if (is_front_page()) {
            return true;
        }

return $show;
    } );

Yeah i believe that GP Addons are great already, but as we said maybe something that makes actually practical and not fancy would be awesome! Because this is GP , what you need!

Thank you as always TOM!

FunkyCss

Just to mention that i am using actually shortcodes for Gutenberg edittor and not the Woocommerce blocks ( My mistake not to mention before )

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it worked! If you have any WC-specific suggestions for the theme we’d love to hear them 🙂

FunkyCss

Hi Tom and really thank you for asking that,

I would say that i like that you keep it minimal as most people that visit e-commerce sites mostly are mobile visitors.

My suggestion is the main topic that i opened ( Cart Panel on pages that use gutenberg , out of the box ) as i guess people will create more and more pages with gutenberg , Generateblocks etc. As well people are selling products via Blog Posts , so this for sure will help.

** Maybe you can choose two types of cart panel ( One like now , and one that slides )

Also would be a nice idea the icons of woocommerce to be a bit more polished like the delete button on cart where the icon does not look very hd, also maybe you should consider to make a better default layout for Cart Page and Checkout page, lets say with some borders and a better contrast out of the box, in the first install.

Also the ” Add to Cart ” to be a bit better displaying in mobile devices when the language is different let me give you an example ” Προσθήκη στο καλάθι ” in Greek , this because is big in the mobile will brake the quantity with the text and they will display inline.

Maybe some more icons for cart svg.

Any options to use woocommerce scripts only where woocommerce actually exists, like in product pages , cart , checkout etc. a function that would disable it elsewere is an idea that goes with GP.

Now something i have imagined for GP would be ( Secondary ) but would be nice maybe in templates
    Some more websites for Stores that look modern.

Maybe some Flexbox Archive Pages , idea – > https://css-tricks.com/designing-a-product-page-layout-with-flexbox/

The idea of the archive page – https://i1.wp.com/css-tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/top-two-big.png?w=749&ssl=1

Also something different than the regular add to cart on archive page like this, idea – > https://carboncoco.com/collections/shop

Most of the many features that Themes provide are useless for Woocommerce stores, but a light out of the box easy to use and visit site is the key.

Also one question for hooks , there is already hook for woocommerce single product long description ? This maybe is something that will help to hook some nice dynamic content if you want to create a landing page of a product with images and nice content.

I Hope this gives you an idea, sorry for the long writing and not good english.

Andreas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – thank you for this! Really appreciate it. Will try to implement as much as possible 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.