[Resolved] Carousel – unable to remove left/right borders

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Carousel – unable to remove left/right borders

Home Forums Support Carousel – unable to remove left/right borders

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jacob

Hi- I’ve tried a couple of methods to add a full-width carousel (both manually coding and using a plug-in), and in both cases I’m left with a narrow border on each side of the carousel. I think that this may be a result of a <div></div> being automatically added to each page, but I’m not sure. Any idea why this is happening? This issue occurs even when the only item on a page is the carousel. Thanks!

Jacob

The paragraph break in this post was due to me writing an opening and closing div tag

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edited your post…Can you provide a link to your site?

Jacob

Hi Leo- I’m only on a local server at the moment, unfortunately.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s a tough for us to tell what’s causing it without seeing the site especially custom codes and other plugins are used…
    Maybe give this CSS a shot?

.inside-content-header.grid-container {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
    Jacob

Thanks again for the help. That didn’t solve it, but I went ahead and uploaded an incomplete version of the site to show the issue. The carousel is here: http://deepsang.com/mixes/. Any ideas? Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Give this CSS a shot:

.container.grid-container {
        padding-right: 0px;
        padding-left: 0px;
    }

Let me know.

Jacob

Awesome – that fixed it. Support here is top notch, thanks.

On a related note, I’m guessing this type of full width carousel isn’t compatible with the sections plug-in, but can you confirm? Would be great to be able to insert to another page with sections. Thanks again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I could be wrong but it doesn’t look like that padding is coming from GP. and the page is not currently built with sections?
    Anyways I wouldn’t say it isn’t compatible. Sometimes sliders plugins just require a bit of CSS to touch up!

Jacob

Right you are. Did a little exploration and got it sorted out. Thanks again!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.