[Support request] Captions not showing on Image Galleries in AMP pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Captions not showing on Image Galleries in AMP pages

Home Forums Support Captions not showing on Image Galleries in AMP pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shrawan

Hello team,

I use the default WordPress AMP plugin and I see that it converts my galleries into a slideshow, but the Captions I add in those galleries dont display on the AMP version of the page.

I however dont have this problem with single images that display captions in AMP.

How do i get my image captions to show under an image gallery? It’s crucial content for me and not displaying it sometimes takes away value from the article.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you confirm that you are using this plugin?
    https://github.com/tomusborne/amp-for-generatepress

Let me know 🙂

Shrawan

No I’m not using that, I use the default one – https://amp-wp.org/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will need the plugin I linked to make GP compatible with the official AMP plugin.

Let me know if that solves the issue or not.

Shrawan

My developer is currently unavailable, and would request you to guide me to a resource which explains how to install this plugin on my site. I usually find and install plugins from within the WordPress dashboard, but this one does not seem to be on the official WordPress repository.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Follow the link Leo provided.
    Click ‘Clone or Download’ > ‘Download ZIP’

Then go to your WP Dashboard > Plugins and install that zip file.

Shrawan

Hi, once I install this plugin, should I use ‘Standard’ ‘Transitional’ or ‘Reader’ in Template mode of the AMP plugin settings? If I enable ‘Standard’, would I get the same look and feel as the current Generatepress theme?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You should just be able to keep the default options.

However, our helper plugin won’t prevent the AMP plugin doing what it does by default. If it’s converting galleries, it may be a setting in that plugin, or you may need to contact their support to see if it’s possible to disable that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.