[Resolved] Capital Theme: How to filter posts to be included in the Featured Case Studies

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Capital Theme: How to filter posts to be included in the Featured Case Studies

Home Forums Support Capital Theme: How to filter posts to be included in the Featured Case Studies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sinartus

This is probably a simple setting, but I just can’t locate it. I am working with the Capital Theme and I trying to figure out how to filter the posts to be included in the Featured Case Studies. I’ve looked into the Elements settings for Featured Case Studies and I don’t see any indication that it’s being controlled from there.

What I am trying to do is to create a category filter of the posts and to show it in each of the respective web page that will be dedicated to that particular category. I am thinking that I can do this through Elements, as in the case of the Featured Case Studies. Please let me know if I am wrong. Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Sinartus,

Capital Theme has a Block Element called “Featured Case Studies”. In there, you’ll find a WordPress Query Loop Block.

What you can do is replace this block with a GenerateBlocks Query Loop Block instead. Through this, you can set a category parameter/filter.

Reference: https://generateblocks.com/creating-related-posts-with-query-loop-block/#:~:text=Example%203%20%E2%80%93%20Posts%20within%20a%20specific%20category

Sinartus

Hi Fernando. You have solved my problem, yet again! Thank you so much!

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Sinartus!

Sinartus

Hi Fernando,
    I am trying to replicate the ability for the query loop (titled Our Latest Post) to not show the text excerpt on only the front page similar to the Capital template. I have replicated the query loop using GeneratePress (titled Hardware) but I am not able to find the setting that hides the text excerpt for the front page. Can you please be so kind as to take a look via the link and let me know if I am missing something here? Thanks.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We are not able to view the link you provided, can you publish the page and link us to that page again?

Sinartus

Hi Ying. Sorry, I gave the wrong link. I have copied the correct one. Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

but I am not able to find the setting that hides the text excerpt for the front page.

Do you mean this section?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/gqFhwicV3vla

How did you build the section? It looks like static content.

Let me know!

Sinartus

Hi Ying, not that’s not the section that I am referring to.

This is the one:

Screenshot from 2022-08-20 07-11-42.png

Notice how the top query loop (from Capital theme) has managed to hide the excerpt text. I am trying to replicate this on the lower section that I have built using GP’s query loop but I can’t seem to hide the excerpt text.

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh I see what you mean, the template is using CSS to hide the expert in the latest post section.

The easy fix would be adding post-block class to the container block which contains the hardware section.
    https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/adding-additional-css-classes-to-blocks/

Sinartus

Where can I see the CSS on the latest post section? I looked under the Advanced Block under the Post Excerpt and I don’t see anything Additional CSS Classes section.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

edit the GB Query Loop Block.
    Inside that query loop you have a core Excerpt block. Delete that,
    Then in its place add a GB Button, you can set the text to Read more, and in its Dynamic Data settings set the Link Source to Single post.

Sinartus

Hi David and Ying. Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.