[Support request] Can’t view published pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can’t view published pages

Home Forums Support Can’t view published pages

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter

I published 4 pages on my website but although they are marked as Published and public they are not viewable on the site. Can anyone help me please?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have a URL for one of the missing pages that i can check ?

Peter

Hi David, thanks for getting in touch. Yes, here is one: https://theveganvarsity.com/diet/food/is-beer-vegan/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That link opens for me. What happens when you try ?

Peter

I’ve not tried the link, but it (and the three other pages I have published) are nowhere to be seen in the site itself: theveganvarsity.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so you need to either add those pages to your Menu ( in Appearance > Menus ) or as a link in another page or in your Sidebar.

I see that the Page is a child of the Food Page which is a child of the Diet page.

Would you expect to see a link to that page on the Food Page ?

Peter

That’s correct. I want the page to be visible under the food section. How do I do that? Then when I publish subsequent food pages, for these to be added here too. And how can I populate the home page with the last few published pages?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, hopefully this should be the last of them!

Thanks David

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I want the page to be visible under the food section

I think what you are looking for is an archive of food, just like blog.

In that case, I would recommend using posts instead of pages.

Then you can add food as a category, so all the food-related posts will show under the food archive.

Peter

Hi Ying. Thank you for getting back to me.

No, these will be static posts, its definitely pages i need. These pages are already under their respective parent pages. How can I make them visible when I click on that sub-category, firstly, (at the minute they can only be viewed if the person has the exact URL) and how can I populate my homepage with my latest posts?

Thanks in advance…

Pete

Peter

Ok, I can view the pages now, yay! How do I go about putting the most recent posts on my main page, please?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

How do I go about putting the most recent posts on my main page, please?

Is your main page a static page? If so, you can add a query loop block from GenerateBlocks plugin.
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/query-loop-overview/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.