[Support request] Can't update GP Premium

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can't update GP Premium

Home Forums Support Can't update GP Premium

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gillian

All my GP sites had a Plugin Update notification for GP Press and on all of them when I tried to run the update, I got the following message.

Update Failed: Download failed. cURL error 51: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name ‘generatepress.com’

I’m on GP Prem v1.3.1 and this is the first time I’ve had an update notification.

How do I get them to update?

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Gillian

Leo

I have checked with my host and they are running cURL7.36.0 and have no plans to update to 7.55.1 so I started looking around for a new host and asked for recommendations from the GeneratePress community on facebook. The recommendations were for Siteguard and certainly one person using siteguard has been able to update to GP Prem1.4.2 without any issues. BUT siteguard are running cURL7.30.0 which is an older version than the version my hosts are running. How is that possible?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe cURL needs to be at least 7.18.1.

I’m not sure why your current host isn’t working, but I do know that many people use Siteground successfully with GP ๐Ÿ™‚

Gillian

Is there anything else which might stop the update? Plugin conflicts? I don’t want to move hosts and then find it still doesn’t work. The GP theme updated to 1.4 without a problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a pretty specific error – I can’t think of anything else that would make it happen unfortunately.

Ray

Hi all!

I cant install my GP plugin. Had to do backup and ehen i was trying it coulndt. Something like” to long time as pass by and is no longer valid. Please send my a new one since i put money in this one and have in no way abused it.

Kind regards
    Mattias

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What’s the full error you are getting?

You should be able to get one through Account? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#download-gp-premium

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.