Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Support request] Can't reset "Page Header"

Home Forums Support Can't reset "Page Header"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kelly

I’m a newbie. I was testing things out within Layout in Edit Page. When I got down to Page Header, curiosity got the best of me and I clicked on a link to the right. Now I have a small drop-down menu that doesn’t show anything. I’d really like to make it go away before I go any further. Any ideas how to reset Page Header. I tried deactivating Generate Press, but that didn’t work. Thanks for your help!

GP Premium 1.5.6
    Kelly

Just found another problem. Somehow this changed my Reading Settings. The static page/post page? choice at the top is no longer there. Is there an easy solution or will I need to reinstall WordPress?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kelly,

I’m not too sure what you mean – can you show me a screenshot of the area you’re having trouble with?

As for the reading settings, nothing in GP should be able to change those. You should be able to set them to whatever you like in “Settings > Reading”. Just make sure your pages are published, or they won’t show in the dropdowns.

Kelly

Hi Tom,

I can’t do a screenshot because I installed a plugin called Advanced WordPress Reset. I was impatient, in panic mode, and felt comfortable resetting since I didn’t have any real content to lose.

So now everything’s seems back to normal EXCEPT “Page Header” no longer exists under Edit Page –> Layout. Now the only menu items are Sidebar, Footer Widgets, Disable Elements and Page Builder Container. Page Header had been directly under Page Builder Container. Don’t know how it got there the first time around. Maybe with a Plug-In I installed?

Either way, I think I’m back in business. Thanks a lot for getting back to me on this!

Kelly

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Page header has been moved to Dashboard > Page header.

You can create them there then assign using the Layout Metabox you mentioned above.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.