[Resolved] Can’t Migrate old Page Hero

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can’t Migrate old Page Hero

Home Forums Support Can’t Migrate old Page Hero

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Randy

Hi guys

First: I have read Moving Hooks & Page Headers to Elements, but it didn’t help with this.

On my wife’s site I used a nice parallax hero header on the home page, and as far as I can tell the “Page Header” module was deactivated without moving it to Elements. Yet it still works. Now she wants me to make some changes, and I’m stumped.

In Elements, there IS a “Legacy Page Headers” button, yet when I click that the only option is to create a new one, and no apparent way to access the old.

In the back end for that page, under “Layout” there’s a dropdown to choose the Page Header, and it shows its name, but afaict there’s no way to edit it. And as far as I know, there’s no way to delete it. If I’m starting from scratch, oh well, but I want to ensure the old one is completely deactivated so she has no opportunity to enabled it anywhere, since if she does it’ll probably be a mess because I’m changing out the photo.

Summary: 1) is it possible to “open” the old hero so I can copy some code out of it? 2) if not, is it possible to delete the old hero so it “can’t” ever be reactivated?

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

In Elements, there IS a “Legacy Page Headers” button, yet when I click that the only option is to create a new one, and no apparent way to access the old.

That was a bug. Can you try updating to GP Premium 1.11.3? Then you should be able to access the legacy page header:
    https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-11-3/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Randy

Hate to tell you this, but I’m on 1.11.3.

I’ve re-created the hero in Elements, but I’d still like to look at the code in the old one. Not urgent since it’s now done the way my wife wanted.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to make sure, it’s the same issue here?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/legacy-headers-issue/

If so can you make sure all of your server cache is cleared?

Let us know if it still doesn’t work.

Tom also provide a workaround solution in there as well 🙂

Randy

Yes, same issue, AND yes, cache issue. It works as expected now.

Thanks much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.