[Support request] Can’t make a proper “recent posts” space on homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can’t make a proper “recent posts” space on homepage

Home Forums Support Can’t make a proper “recent posts” space on homepage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melvin

Hello,
    I have created my blog recently and I have been using generatepress,

To be honest, I have been struggling for the whole time to make it work, it seems to never work as intended, and always create struggles…

My struggle of the day is to have a decent homepage with a clean “recent posts” section on the homepage, however it doesnt seem to be achievable using generatepress…

There is no separation between the posts, the pictures are not harmonized (not the same size), the text isnt either…
    I have tried to install a plugin to overcome this issue but apparently Generatepress doesn’t allow legacy plugins ?

It is quite a nightmare and even with the documentation and by searching on the web I cannot seem to understand how to use generatepress easily, I will probably switch to another provider soon if it stays like that.

I would appreciate any help, especially regarding this latest posts section.

(I also tried to change theme and it deleted all of my posts by the way)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

Melvin

Hello Leo, thank you for the answer,

I have added the link to my website in the private information field,
    I am really bothered by the fact that the “recent posts” field in the homepage is not harmonized (pictures are not the same size),
    And also I have been trying to compress and resize as much as possible but my website is still very very slow for mobile, I can’t seem to understand how to fix it, I will take any advice

Thank you in advance !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

instead of using the Latest Posts block, use the GenerateBlocks Query Loop Block. You can then use the GB Image Block to display the Featured Images. If you want to try that, then we can help with making all the images align

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.