[Resolved] Can't hide Disqus comment plugin on page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't hide Disqus comment plugin on page?

Home Forums Support Can't hide Disqus comment plugin on page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    S.H.

Hello – I have a strange issue. I am trying to hide the comments area on a page (by unchecking allow comments” and am using the Disqus plugin to handle comments. I have disabled the plugin and it says “Comments” closed as it should, but for some reason with Disqus enabled it shows the comment box no matter what I do. Any ideas? Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is this the option you’re de-selecting when editing your page?: http://screencast.com/t/z5T39Zzqcfvl

S.H.

Yes, that’s the one.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So neither box is selected, then you save – and they stay deselected, correct?

But when you look on the page, the comments are still there?

Does the default comment box appear without Disqus activated?

BarnaB

I was just about to ask for the same…Disqus comments are showing up on all the pages (comments from posts) and the commenting for pages are disabled.

Disqus only has options to allow on all posts so this is weird….any solution since?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

As far as I know, Disqus simply replaces the core comments in WP. If those comments are turned off, Disqus shouldn’t display.

BarnaB

hmmm….not sure why but i used disable comments plugin to force disable it on pages and it solved the issue

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found a solution ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.