[Resolved] Can't get Google Analytics Tracking Installed

Home Forums Support Can't get Google Analytics Tracking Installed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

I need to be walked through this. =) I have the Freelancer theme. I tried to go into Appearance–Editor, but I didn’t see any way to select “header”, “footer”, or anything like it that people refer to when they discuss editing the code and placing the tracking code before the </head> tag. I scrolled through all of the code I could actually find and didn’t even see a </head> tag. So I’m pretty much blind, I guess.

I have the Google Analytics by Yoast plug-in activated, and according to their install video, I shouldn’t have to go into the code or do anything special. I followed their video exactly, and it connected for them and not for me. It seems all set-up on the WordPress dashboard, but the Google Analytics page insists “Tracking Not Installed”.

I also tried a couple of different header footer insert plug-ins, and those didn’t work either.

I am just so lost. Can someone please toss me a life preserver?? This is so frustrating.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you have our GP Hooks add-on, you can install your tracking code in “Appearance > GP Hooks > wp_head”.

The plugin you’re using should work as well – it may just take a couple hours to show up. Is it working now?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.