[Resolved] Can't find the 'generate_after_main_content' hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't find the 'generate_after_main_content' hook

Home Forums Support Can't find the 'generate_after_main_content' hook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dave Foy

Silly question time!

I’m trying to locate the textarea for ‘generate_after_main_content’ in Appearance > GP Hooks. I can’t see it.

Can you help me find it?

I can see ‘generate_after_content’ (After Content) but not ‘generate_after_main_content’. Should there be a field called ‘After Main Content’?

I have the ‘Show All’ dropdown set.

Thanks very much. πŸ™‚

Dave

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dave,

That hook is actually not in that list πŸ™‚
    The Show All options actually don’t show all the hooks GP has – it just shows the ones that are listed in that module.

For generate_after_main_content, you will need to use this method: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-hooks/

Here are all the hooks in GP: https://docs.generatepress.com/collection/hooks/

Let me know if this helps.

Dave Foy

Doh! Of course!

Thanks Leo. Much appreciated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Mike

Hi Leo,

I am Dave’s student. He kindly posted here to find an answer to this issue with which I’m having trouble. Namely, I want to be able to generate an Elementor template after the main content on the blog archive page.

Dave directed me to this thread and, with his help, we have come up with the following code snippet as our attempt to make this work:

add_action( ‘generate_after_main_content’,’mc_after_main_content_archive’ );
    function mc_after_main_content_archive() { ?>
    <?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>
    [elementor-template id=”369″]
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php }

Unfortunately, it didn’t work. Instead, only the text “[elementor-template id=”369″]” appears after the main content on the blog archive page. Can you advise as to how to be able to generate this template after the main content on the blog archive page?

Thanks!

Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are close. Try the method for calling the shortcode here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hooks-coding-for-placing-elementor/#post-409582

Mike

Thanks for your reply. However, I am not a coder and I have no experience with PHP. Can you give me an example of how I should write this snippet exactly?

Thanks,

Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Like this:

add_action( 'generate_after_main_content','mc_after_main_content_archive' );
            <?php echo do_shortcode("[elementor-template id='####']"); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>
    <?php }
    Mike

Thanks, Leo. I copied/pasted your snippet into Code Snippet, with my Elementor template id (369) included.It looks like this:

add_action( ‘generate_after_main_content’,’mc_after_main_content_archive’ );
    echo do_shortcode(“[elementor-template id=’369′]”);
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php }

I saved/activated the snippet and checked the page.

As a result, all that appears after the main content on the blog archive page is this line of text:

echo do_shortcode(“[elementor-template id=’369′]”);

Please help me add my Elementor template to the blog page after the main content. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edited again.

Mike

I’m sorry, I don’t know what “Edited again” means. Can you clarify, please?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Mike

Thanks! That worked. I really appreciate your help, Leo.

Have a good one!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.