[Support request] Can’t eliminate bottom margin in container

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can’t eliminate bottom margin in container

Home Forums Support Can’t eliminate bottom margin in container

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Howard

Hi,

I have two containers near the bottom of my front page, which each display excess unwanted bottom margin (or padding, or somthing similar). I have done everything I possibly can do to fix this, and nothing works.

This is a staging site, being moved over from Elementor, and it’s incomplete and not great-looking. But this problem is making me crazy.

I will include credentials to login to the site, and details, in the private area below.

TIA…

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Howard,

You’re using a WP Group Block to “group” the Blocks in that section. This WordPress core Block has a default margin-bottom.

It would be best to use a GenerateBlocks Container Block instead, so that you have full control of the spacing.

Reference: https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/

Howard

Hi Fernando,

I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t see a Group block ANYWHERE on that page. Can you show me, or describe exactly where you see it?

-H

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Can you provide temporary admin credentials, and I’ll take a closer look?

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Howard

I provided them in the private area in my original post.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Right, sorry about that.

You’re currently editing the Front Page, so I’m not able to view it. Let me know once you’re finished.

Howard

Sorry, I’m out now. (Didn’t know that could be an issue.)

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thank you.

Viewing your structure, you’re currently using a WordPress Columns Block which has a default bottom margin.

Also, you’re using a WordPress Paragraph Block which also has a default bottom margin.

I would recommend replacing the Columns Block with a GenerateBlocks Grid Block, and the Paragraph Block with a GenerateBlocks Headline Block for full control.

You can turn a GB Headline Block to a Paragraph as well. See: https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/headline-overview/

Howard

Thanks, Fernando – that worked!

So for my future reference, is there a way in GP Pro (or WP itself) for me to modify the default margins for the Core Columns and Paragraph blocks? Are they defined by the theme? And if so, where?

-HS

Fernando
    Customer Support

They are default bottom-margin set through theme code. To override this, you can use custom CSS.

For instance:

body p {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

You may add this in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.