[Support request] can't change font size?

Home Forums Support [Support request] can't change font size?

Home Forums Support can't change font size?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Charley Payne

I have generate press premium and have had it for a while, i remember in typography i used to be able to change the font size but it’s now not letting me do this. all my plugins are up to date too!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does the slider show up allowing you to change it? Or does it not show up at all?

Charley Payne

it doesnt show up at all! for example it just says ‘font size- 45px’ but its not clickable

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you sure you’re all up to date? GP 1.3.34 and GP Premium 1.2.89?

Charley Payne

my typography plugin just says version 1.5 but there isnt anything in my updates section to update it

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Latest Typography version is 1.6.32.

Try manually updating: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

Then be sure to add your license key in “Appearance > GeneratePress” so you get future updates through the Dashboard πŸ™‚

Charley Payne

Ive just done all of the plugins and uploaded them and was just about to put in the license key and clicked activate on all of them even though i already had and NOW my website is dead!!!!! please help- heres the message its showing

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_copyright_customizer_live_preview() (previously declared in /home/amchimny/public_html/charleypayne.com/wp-content/plugins/generate-copyright/functions/functions.php:112) in /home/amchimny/public_html/charleypayne.com/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/copyright/functions/functions.php on line 118

Charley Payne

IM FREAKING OUTTTTT

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You have Generate Copyright and GP Premium activated at the same time.

If you’re using GP Premium, individual add-ons should not be activated at the same time.

I have fail-safes implemented, but it looks like this copyright function slipped through the cracks.

To fix it, login to your server via FTP or control panel, and delete the generate-copyright folder inside “wp-content/plugins”.

If you can’t sort that out, try calling your hosting company and ask them to do the above.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Charley Payne

it won’t actually let me log in to anything! i would normally do http://www.charleypayne.com/wp-admin but it comes up with the same fatal error message πŸ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, you have to do it through your hosting control panel/FTP.

If you’re completely lost, send me an email through our contact form (https://generatepress.com/contact) with your hosting login details (not WordPress) and I’ll fix it for you.

It might be a good thing to learn through – you can login to your cpanel by going to yoursite.com/cpanel and use your hosting login details to login.

Then go to “File Manager” and navigate to “wp-content/plugins”.

Then delete the “generate-copyright” folder, and your site will be back to normal.

Charley Payne

hosting cntrol panel? I’ve done charleypayne.com/cpanel and it brings up a random website i have never seen before!

the only hosting website i know is fasthosts.com ? could this be it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It could be if that’s who you pay monthly/yearly for hosting.

When you signed up, they give you a username and password (not your WP user and password).

You can use that username and password at yoursite.com/cpanel

It might be better just to call them and explain you need to delete a folder on your site in order to stop a PHP error from happening.

Charley Payne

okay great, i will try that and let you know. many thanks for all your help tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – sorry for the inconvenience. Just know your website is fine, we just need to delete that generate-copyright folder and it’ll be back to exactly the way it was πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.