[Resolved] Can’t Access Post

Home Forums Support Can’t Access Post

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Caitriona

Hello, I recently added new categories to my site. I added one of my articles to the category. When I try and enter the post, I cannot access it. It will only show its preview. This does not happen to any other post on the site. I tried changing the post to a different category and the post “can’t be found” when you try clicking on it. Any idea what’s gone wrong?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Caitriona

Hi, I tried removing plugins but it didn’t work. When switching to a different theme temporarily, it actually showed the full post.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable all plugins and custom functions for me to have a look?

The theme itself cannot cause issues like this as the permalinks are all handled by WordPress.

Caitriona

Sorry for the delayed response. I disabled all my plugins, not sure what functions you are referring to. It still doesn’t work, unfortunately. I was talking to my web hosting and they took a look and accessed the site. Don’t know what the issue is.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let’s wait and see what they say.

Caitriona

They said this

Hello,

The theme you’re using, GeneratePress, appears to be using their own code to handle the read more option as switching to a different theme temporarily actually showed the full post. I would recommend reaching out to them for additional insight as they may have already seen this bug, and likely would then have an update they can provide to you.

=========

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That doesn’t make any sense. I thought we were talking about access the single post here and not about the excerpt length?

It would happen to all the posts if that’s the case and we haven’t had any other reports on this.

Does the issue exist if you switch to a twenty series theme temporarily?

Caitriona

Ok, yes, I just realized its working now. Maybe it was a plugin after all?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would think so.

Hard to believe that your hosting support would give you an answer like that though.

Caitriona

Oh really, ok. I didn’t know as there was no immediate effect when I uninstalled the plugins. Now I just reinstall one by one?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup – although I’m going to guess that the issue won’t reappear again

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.