[Resolved] Cannot save customizer settings

Home Forums Support Cannot save customizer settings

• This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Yannick

Hi,
    I’m using the library site Pixel.
    When I try to save draft or publish in customizer I get: “Unable to save due to 1 invalid setting.”
    I found post #988453, he deactivates Gutenberg and everything is fine and same with me, I deactivate Gutenberg and I can save my settings. Someone an idea what’s wrong?

Another issue, the buttons don’t just to the given color?

Best wishes
    Yannick

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s weird. Does this issue exist with GP Premium and Gutenberg as the only activated plugins?

What if you disable GP Premium and activate a twenty series WP theme?

If you are using the latest WordPress then you can actually use the Gutenberg editor without the Gutenberg plugin so you can temporarily disable it if there are some incompatibility.

I’m not quite sure what you are referring to with the button color issue but can you open a new topic and explain a bit more?

Let me know 🙂

Yannick

Hello Leo,
    thank you for your answer.
    Gutenberg Plugin seems to be the problem.
    I deactivated every plugin except:
    GP + Gutenberg -> didn’t work
    GP -> works
    Twenty 19 + Gutenberg -> didn’t work
    Twenty 19 -> works

This means no Gutenberg for me?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check for plugin conflicts by disabling all plugins apart from GP Premium.
    Also remove any custom functions you may be using.

Let us know.

Yannick

Hi David,
    I disabled all plugins except GP. But in the moment I activate Gutenberg I can’t save or publish anymore in my customizer.
    Now during this process my logo got lost, I can see it when I’m in the customizer, as soon as I close it the logo is gone.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable Gutenberg, remove your logo and then re-enable gutenberg and let us know if the error is still there.

Yannick

Didn’t work, still no logo when customizer is closed.
    Also my copyright line is now back to standard, only in customizer I can see the wished copyright text.
    Only GP active.
    Edit:
    And as soon as I activate Gutenberg I can’t save or publish because of “1 invalid Setting”

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any custom links in the footer or any other widget areas?

Yannick

I have two buttons with internal links.
    Also normally Lightweight Social Icons in the bottom corner but right now the plugin is deactivated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the site? you can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share link privately.

Yannick

http://www.cyrillucidokuhn.com

Seems like nothing works today 😀 can’t enter the URL in the original topic, submit doesn’t work.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It is definitely one of those days.

So whilst i have a nose around can you check:
    Dashboard > Settings > Reading – what do you have assigned to your home page and your posts page?

Yannick

Homepage: Home
    Post Page: none

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

When you try to save the error appears, can you Right Click > Inspect and see what Red errors are in the console?

Yannick

Right click is not possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.