[Support request] Cannot order menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cannot order menu

Home Forums Support Cannot order menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Henk

I can not find a solution for my problem in the other topics. I’m a beginner in WordPress and have build a site with generatepress. It’s impossible to order the menu-items. Not in WordPress-option “Menu” and not in Generatepress option “Menu”. I allready deleted the menu and create them again but still no possibility tor order the menu. I don’t understand CSS-code and I’m from Holland so the English language is also a problem. Is it possible that someone in Dutch can explain what to do.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So you’ve tried dragging the menu items but it isn’t working?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#creating-a%C2%A0drop-down-menu

If so you try #1 here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

We don’t have Dutch support so I would recommend Google Translate.

Henk

Hi Leo,

thanks for your explanation. Yes indeed I tried dragging the menu items.
    I did this in WordPress and I alsso tried it in Generatepress-custimizer. Which option is leading? They both don’t work.

If I should deactivate the plugins will I lose than all the settings, my contact-form, my Photoalbum and the GoogleMaps-settings? Or will they return when I activate them later again?

When I go to “Pages” I can give the pages an order number. They all where “0”.
    If I give them a number than I can replace the menu-options in another position.
    What’s is the meaning of giving the Pages an order number. Is it necessery to give them a an order number when I create a page? For me it is strange that I can order the menu-options only this way.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Something is causing the dragging function not to work so yes definitely try deactivate your plugins.

You won’t lose your settings.

Henk

OK, thanks. I think I make another website to get more experience with this and other problems. I don’t want to take too many risks because I don’t want to disturb my visitoers.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.