[Support request] Cannot Edit Header With Awaken Template

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cannot Edit Header With Awaken Template

Home Forums Support Cannot Edit Header With Awaken Template

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Morgan

Yes, I think it does! (< div class=”page-hero-content” >)
    In the demo, how does the upper menu bar seem like it is part of that hero section? Was that similar gradient effect uploaded as the background of the menu bar in a way to match seamlessly with the hero section’s gradient?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should do that by default. In the hero element (Appearance > Elements), the site header should be set to Merged inside the “Site Header” tab: https://www.screencast.com/t/2sUzHULhC

Morgan

I had a color in their for some reason instead of clear… It works, you’re a saint!! The only thing it’s really missing is the iPhone, which I was going to switch out anyway, but it doesn’t seem like Elementor will let me put anything up there… Almost like a locked layer in Illustrator- it will let me edit it under Apperance > Elements, but not in Elementor like the rest of my content.

Morgan

Okay- just realized that shortcode ID is not the same as Elementor > Templates (the hero header I’ve been working on). When I go into Elementor > Templates, I don’t see any kind of shortcode, just the option to edit with Elementor

Morgan

I think I’ve (kind of ) figured out why I can’t edit it.
    The current header that I got to work, “Global Header” is found under Apperance > Elements. However, the one that I’ve been editing and would like to be the header is found under Elementor > My Templates.
    So I can’t edit the current Global Header, since it doesn’t have an “Edit with Elementor” button, and I can’t seem to figure out how to put the header I want/can edit (Elementor > My Templates) into the spot that Global Header is in right now…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It is kind of confusing. I’ll try to simplify it a bit for future installs.

Basically, the content of the Hero is handled by Elementor in your “My Templates” area in Elementor. That one you should be able to open and edit with Elementor.

Then that hero is inserted into GP using the Header Element. That one you shouldn’t have to touch at all, as it’s already set up and ready to go.

So all of your changes should happen in “Elementor > My Templates”.

Morgan

That seems to be correct, however, when I edit under Elementor > My Templates, those changes do not reflect in Apperances > GP > Elements > Global Header. That’s where I’m getting stuck

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You shouldn’t have to go into Elements at all. Do your Elementor changes not show up on the live website?

Morgan

No, they don’t

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just checked out your website and I’m seeing different content in the header (Congrats Amazon Seller, etc..).

Is that not the content you’re changing in Elementor? It’s not the default content that comes with Awaken.

Morgan

I don’t see anything on the site with “congrats Amazon seller”… Is there a way to edit the header element code to make the header that I’m customizing with Elementor appear?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The URL you provided in your initial post shows this: **

Is that not the site you’re working on? If not, can you link me to the correct site?

Morgan

That is not my site, I’m working on

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah sorry – didn’t notice you didn’t start the topic.

Your site isn’t viewable to public – any chance you can open it up or send us temp login details so we can see it?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Morgan

Sure, I’ll send an email now. Thanks, Tom!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.