[Support request] Cannot Edit Header With Awaken Template

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cannot Edit Header With Awaken Template

Home Forums Support Cannot Edit Header With Awaken Template

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen

I just installed Awaken on a fresh site. Elementor WILL NOT allow me to edit the header. There are no handles as the picture is aligned to the very top. I read elsewhere to install Simple CSS and then I added some CSS content that someone named Lyle had posted. That didn’t work. I deactivate GeneratePress Pro. Then I didn’t even see the header. Please don’t tell me to disable the Header Overlay as I do not have that setting.
    What else can I try before giving up?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so Awaken is using GP Page Headers which in this case has an Elementor template added to it via a short code. If you look in the Elementor > My Templates you will see that template, which you can edit and the changes will be reflected in the header.

gianfranco

Hi david,
    i have the same problem of kathleen.
    I cannot remove the red background, i cannot upload a full wdth image on which put the text with 2 buttons. can you have a guide about that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The red background is a background image set inside the “Header” element, which you can find in “Appearance > Elements”.

If you edit that hero element, you’ll see the options for background images etc..

Morgan

I know this thread is old, but hoping y’all can help me as well. I went to the place David suggested (Elementor > My Templates) and am able to edit that hero header section. However, it does not appear when I edit the rest of my site- it simply starts my page at the white part below the header- the part that begins with “It’s Simple and Life Changing”. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can start a new topic and link me to your site in question?

Thanks!

Morgan

Leo,
    Our site currently has a maintenance page as we don’t want to make it live, since we can’t get the header to format correctly. Can I somehow send you screenshots?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes, it looks like that site is missing a header color.

Go to “Customize > Colors > Header” and add this as the background: #d5232f

Then you should be good to go 🙂

Morgan

Hi Tom! I followed those instructions and added that hex as the background color, but it still doesn’t seem to be showing the hero header, as shown in the demo

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s no hero on the home page at all?

Morgan

Right! It shows the top “menu” bar and then starts at the part of the demo that says “it’s simple and life changing”. There is no section with “awaken to a new world feeling”, the iPhone, etc.
    However, I did follow David’s directions above (Elementor > My Templates) and it takes me to edit that hero header, but it does not appear on my home page, or any page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you import the site on a fresh WordPress installation?

Is anything inside “Appearance > Elements”?

Morgan

I did import on a fresh site, I had WordPress master reset anything I had previously created.
    Nothing under Appearance > Elements

Morgan

Tom- I found “Global Header” in the trash under Appearance > Elements and restored it. It’s not exactly as it shows in the demo, but it’s something, and does appear on the homepage.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s the one. Inside that Element, there should be a shortcode with an ID in it. Does that ID match the Hero Section template in “Elementor > My Templates”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.