[Resolved] Cannot customize woocommerce sidebars no matter what I do

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cannot customize woocommerce sidebars no matter what I do

Home Forums Support Cannot customize woocommerce sidebars no matter what I do

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John

I’ve read dozens of posts similar to this but not the same and I cannot figure this out.
    I’ve deactivated plugins, reset cache, verified GP theme and Premium versions, etc.

The whole WooCommerce section of the site has a right sidebar that I don’t want. I would like to have a left sidebar and utilize woocommerce sidebar features – but I can’t get it to show up either. The ONLY control I have over the WooCommerce sidebars is to add/subtract elements from the ‘Right Sidebar’ in the widgets panel.

I can’t even seem to just make it go away with a filter either. I tried this filter using the ‘snippets’ plugin:

add_filter( 'generate_sidebar_layout','tu_custom_woocommerce_sidebar_layout' );
    function tu_custom_woocommerce_sidebar_layout( $layout )
    {
            // just make it stop...
     	return 'no-sidebar';
     }

It does nothing. The filter is running – my die() statements work. The right sidebar still shows up. It is the default blog right sidebar that has archive links in it.

I have made sure that the page settings for the WooCommerce shop page are default (not full width)
    I tried setting the page to have the sidebar layout: Sidebar/Content. That had no effect
    I went through the customizer->layout->woocommerce and any sidebar changes there don’t have an affect (I chose Sidebar/Content)
    I went through the customizer->layout->sidebars and any sidebar changes there don’t affect anything (tried them all)
    I tried a custom sidebar plugin. I was able change the right sidebar to the custom one I created. But when I try to change it’s location from right to left, that change doesn’t work. I am left with the default blog right sidebar again.

I don’t understand what master-control setting is forcing this right sidebar! I don’t want to use CSS to make it display:none. That seems like a hack. I want control over where the sidebar shows and what it shows.

Please lend a hand.

Desperately Seeking Sidebar

John

Argh. The one place I didn’t look was GP Elements, where I had set a layout for subpages and had not dis-included the woocommerce archives. When I did that, it made the sidebars go away.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

// just make it stop…

Thanks for the laugh …

Glad to hear you found the solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.