[Support request] Cannot change some settings in GeneratePress Pro

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cannot change some settings in GeneratePress Pro

Home Forums Support Cannot change some settings in GeneratePress Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi,

Not sure what the issue is. I have GeneratePress Pro installed with Elementor Pro on one website and working fine. Starting a new website with same combination and editing some header and footer areas won’t work. For example if I go Customize – Header and try and change the header padding I can change the number but don’t get the option to save the change!

I also cannot change the menu text to uppercase and also having issues changing copyright info in footer. Some things I can change, for example the background color of primary menu so no idea what the issue is.

Can someone help. The site in question I have to access and view by editing my host file as currently the DNS points to the existing site.

Thanks
    Gary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Gary,

First thing to check is for conflicting plugins. Try #1 on this page: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Gary

Hi,

I was hoping for a better response to be honest. If you need access I can arrange that. This is a new install so I’ve not installed any plugins! The 2 besides Elementor that were activated I disabled and no change. I am able to change the value in the header padding option but the button does not change to allow me to save these edits.

Again there is nothing about this install that is any different to the other website. The other site is a completed website that works fine with lots of pages and a number of plugins. This new install is just Elementor Pro and GeneratePress Premium. I’ve got the same options activated and changes I can make on one install cannot be made on the new install.

Gary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Gary,

It’s just the first step when it comes to debugging. 90% of the time issues like these are caused by other plugins.

There must be something different about this second install, we just need to find out what it is.

If you’d like to skip right to me taking a look, feel free to shoot me temporary admin login details: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Thanks!

Gary

Hi,

I’ve sent you the access details and will await your reply.

Thanks
    Gary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.