[Resolved] Cannot add new post or page when WP-Show Posts is active

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cannot add new post or page when WP-Show Posts is active

Home Forums Support Cannot add new post or page when WP-Show Posts is active

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi Ying! Hi David!
    Exactly, that’s what I noticed too: When I log in with the user account that I’ve created for you, I had no problems creating and editing posts (In fact, I just worked today on a posts with this account, as I needed to get something finished ;-)). The problem though remains when I log in with my “normal” admin-account. However, using a different browser and a different network didn’t change that for me. Would be interested, if you can replicate the issue. I will send you the credentials in the private box.

THANK YOU!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well i managed to edit this post using this latest login:

2022-05-07_13-31-00

But it took a long time first to open the Posts list, and then when i selected it to edit it took 30+ seconds to display a white screen, and another 30+ seconds for the editor to load.

One thing i notice – the Asset Cleanup meta boxes are huge, there must be over 50 options panels loading in the editor and they take time to update. Maybe you want to try disabling Asset Cleanup ?

Paul

Hey David!
    Yeah, that’s the problem: No matter what post you’re trying to edit, you will always end up with this one. It will alsways go to “Francisco Cienfuegos” (who is a great poet by the way ;-)). Maybe just try editing elements and you will probably also end up there.

It’s strange that loading times are so bad. For me it only takes 1-2 seconds. Maybe it’s because I’m not using CDN and you’re aaaalll the way over on the other side of the atlantic?

Yeah, I can disable AssetCleanUp, I installed it in order to improve speed – not to make things slower.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah ok – i didn’t try another one as it too so long lol
    Even if i was across the atlantic ( i am UK based ) it can’t justify the long times, not that long anyway.

Try disabling any plugins that do optimizations on the site, including any database tools.

Paul

Oh, I thought you were in Canada, my bad ;-). I just deactivated all optimization related plugins. Subjectively I have the feeling that things are working snappier both on front- and backend. Even deactivating caching didn’t change a lot speedwise on frontend. I will think about throwing out most optimization plugins to keep the setup more slick. Nevertheless the problem remains with the normal admin account getting long whitescreens and not being able to create and edit posts…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh we are very global – from Canada to UK to Asia πŸ™‚
    Theres a chance that the database entry for that user has been corrupted. You may want to consider deleting it and creating a new one…

Paul

Oh wow, great team!
    Oh okay … this might cause some difficulties. With this account I have published 77 posts. What will happen to all the metadata if I delete it? Will it be stored and will postings created by this user still be accessible (and also listable, if you click on the username?)

Paul

Hey David!
    I figured it out and I’ll mark the topic as resolved. Thank you as always for your great support!!
    For anyone who might be reading this reading this: When you delete a user, you can assign all his created posts to a different user.
    Cheers to the UK!
    Paul

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear thats working for you πŸ™‚

Paul

Hey David (or GP-Team),
    I have to reopen this topic sadly, since the same problem is also occuring with the new account, which I had created.
    Also with the new one I cannot create new posts but it will create a ‘new’ one with the content of one from the category ‘authors’.
    Do you have any other ideas, what could be the problem?
    Best
    Paul

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be worth asking your host to check if any errors are being reported on the server or check if there are any issues in the database.

Paul

Hey David,
    yeah, I’ll do that. Haven’t found a solution up until now. Things work normal when WP-Show Posts is deactivated though. Maybe things will work fine again, once WPSP is integrated in GP. At least I’m hopin for that ^^

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

See what the host has to say as it is very weird how the issue went away with a new user id, only to return at a later point. The error logs should give us some pointers if you want to share them with us.

Paul

Hey David,
    these are the error-logs that I will send to my host: https://klingenbergverlag.at/error_logs/klingenbergverlag.at_error_log.8486c.txt
    I think you were right, it seems that it has to do something with the server configuration. And there is another problem with WooCommerce.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The xmlrpc.php, which is used for remote data transfer, is a common attack vector for ‘hackers’ so its not uncommon to see logs on this. It means some access/deny rule is in place on the server. I couldn’t say whether this is related to the issue but its definitely worth opening the dialog with the host.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.