- This topic has 29 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by David.
May 6, 2022 at 1:26 am #2211158Paul
1. I have a weird issue that when the WP-Show posts plugin is activated, I cannot add a new post or page (nor access Element pages). What happens is, that I get redirected to the latest post, which had already been published. I’ve deactivated all plugins, cleared cache and the problem doesn’t occur, when WP-Show posts is inactive.
2. When I activated/deactivated all plugins, for some reason, which I can’t explain, the navigation isn’t full-width anymore. I can’t get it to work again. Any Ideas?
This is my site:
Thanks for your help!
PaulMay 6, 2022 at 1:53 am #2211175Fernando Customer Support
1. If you disable all plugins except for WPSP and other GP products, does the issue still exist?
Can you also try temporarily disabling/removing custom functions you have? It would be good to take a backup before doing these.
2. With regards to this, it seems that you have a 30px padding set for your body in your Child theme stylesheet. Did you have this previously? Removing it seems to make the nav bar stretch to full width.
Kindly let us know. 🙂May 6, 2022 at 2:50 am #2211252Paul
Thanks for your tips!
1. I cannot try this at the moment because the site is live and I have to wait for the night, but I’m quite sure the problem is with WP-Show Posts because WP always redirects me to posts which are also accessed by WP Show Posts.
I did deactivate some custom functions but that didn’t change anything.
2. Thanks! I’ll check on that! 🙂
PS. I also regenerated all permalinks, but that didn’t help either…May 6, 2022 at 3:37 am #2211294DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 6, 2022 at 6:30 am #2211450Paul
In fact, I did have the WPSP-Open-Wrapper-Hook – and respectively the closing hook – published.
Because I made changes, I don’t need them anyway and I changed them to draft mode.
However, this had no effect. I just noticed that I also can’t change existing posts, since I’m always redirected to the same existing post.I don’t use custom functions related to WPSP.May 6, 2022 at 6:37 am #2211458Paul
I now deactivated all other plugins except GP and WPSP. Having done that, there’s no issue. Seems to be a conflict with another plugin…May 6, 2022 at 6:47 am #2211472DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 6, 2022 at 6:57 am #2211479Paul
It’s weird. I’ve done quite some testing and things work smoothly when I either deactivate WPSP oder WooCommerce. If I have WooCommerce activated and deactivate WPSP, it works fine. Also the other way round: WPSP on, Woo off is also working. However, both plugins are crucial for my site.
I also deactivated all Woo related custom functions and also Woo related extra plugins. But it didn’t help, sadly.
Sonmebody else seemed to have a similar problem: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/woo-commerce-is-making-new-post-and-edit-post-glitch-out/
Yeah, I’m quite excited about this release! 🙂May 6, 2022 at 7:30 am #2211515DavidStaffCustomer Support
How odd – WP Show Posts doesn’t really do much, its code base is tiny and its all shortcodes that don’t do anything on the back end so i can’t see why it + Woo would have a problem.
If you want to provide us a temporary admin access we can login and take a look ?May 6, 2022 at 7:55 am #2211675Paul
Exactly! It’s really odd.
Yeah, I’d be very happy if you could help!
I just logged in with a different account via the incognito browser from Chrome. Creating pages seems to work there. It’s strange, because I cleared all caches…May 6, 2022 at 8:19 am #2211703Paul
Just another note: The problem in fact seems to be user-related. Don’t know what might be causing this issue.May 6, 2022 at 9:02 am #2211758DavidStaffCustomer Support
Ok… so it took quite a long time for me to log in to the site.
There is LOT going on 🙂
So as an aside I went to Tools > Site Health.
I noticed it took some time for the: Directories and Sizes to update. Total site size is 11gb – which is big.
Secondly i checked the Server settings. Considering the size of the site and the plugins you’re running you may want to consider increasing them.
These are the settings i have as my base:
PHP max input variables 4000 PHP time limit 1200 PHP memory limit 768M Max input time 600 Upload max filesize 300M PHP post max size 300M
And i generally increase them with an Ecomm site.
You may want to review those, it may not be related to this problem but the server could do with a boost.
If the issue seems to be user related, then it could be a Cookie / LocalStorage in the browser, try a different browser and even network if possible just to eliminate any caching issues.May 6, 2022 at 9:28 am #2211790Paul
thanks for checking on these infos. Oh wow, I’m a bit surprised myself by the 11 GB ^^. Yeah, I’ll get an upgrade! I am already on the max-specs of my running contract, but I will check for a better offer.
Concerning the user related problems, I logged in with a different browser via a different network, but that didn’t help.May 6, 2022 at 10:10 am #2211814YingStaffCustomer Support
Is it possible to share your login detail with us so we can log in and check if this happens on our end as well?
Let me know 🙂May 7, 2022 at 2:38 am #2212217
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.