[Resolved] Can you make 2 separate featured images for each post?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can you make 2 separate featured images for each post?

Home Forums Support Can you make 2 separate featured images for each post?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Hey guys,

(Mellow theme)
    For each of my blog posts, I create a featured image (which I use as the background). This featured image contains image and text. The issue with using this as the background is that the title of my post is right over it (text on text, ugly).

BUT I don’t want to delete the text from the featured image, because I like it there for when you’re looking at a gallery of my blog posts (like on my homepage).

So in other words: I want Featured Image A (w/ text) in certain circumstances, but I want Featured Image B (w/o text) for when its the background of my blog post.

Is this possible? I saw a post about ‘adding image sizes’ but I can’t tell if this is what I want.

Or if it’s not, is it possible to customize one or the other as a separate image, since currently both rely on the specific “Featured Image” that is associated with each post?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately WordPress only allows uploading 1 featured image per post and page.

The only workaround solution I can think of is to use the custom background image for the header element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#background-image

But then you’d need to create a header element for each post.

Matt

Leo, that’s perfect! I don’t mind creating a separate header element for each post. I was prepared to make the design asset itself, anyway.

This is PERFECT! Once again, I’m nothing but impressed with the level of support you and your team provide. Thank you!!!

Matt

Oh hmm, actually @Leo… I made the change in Elements -> Page Hero -> Custom Image, but of course that applies to every single post that I do. (Oops).

EDIT: Is there a way to duplicate page heros, or create a template of one, so I don’t have to start fresh for each post I make a new hero for?

Matt

edited above post with my question

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I made the change in Elements -> Page Hero -> Custom Image, but of course that applies to every single post that I do.

When you select Post in the Location field, you should be able to choose All Posts or specific posts:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/rpCeVW1p5

Is there a way to duplicate page heros, or create a template of one, so I don’t have to start fresh for each post I make a new hero for?

Try a plugin like this:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/

Matt

thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.