[Resolved] Can you assist me with – LCP issue: longer than 2.5s (mobile)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can you assist me with – LCP issue: longer than 2.5s (mobile)

Home Forums Support Can you assist me with – LCP issue: longer than 2.5s (mobile)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hi, I have tried looking through some of the other feeds but I’m not knowledgeable enough to understand all the answers.

I have a many warnings in the Search console and discovered that all 150 URLs give a bad user experience on mobile.

LCP issue: longer than 2.5s (mobile)

I use Ezoic and disabled WP-Rocket at their request. I use short pixel too.

Can you suggest a way I can get a good user experience?

I am completely useless at fixing console issues. Can you explain things simply to me, please?

Cheers

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Kevin,

For reference, can you provide the link to the site in question?

You may use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Kevin
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the main issue is the number of scripts loading on your site.
    i ran a pagespeeed test here to explain:

https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wildlifeartstore.com%2Fhow-to-use-layers-in-procreate%2F

Under Opportunities and Diagnostics we see:

Reduce unused JavaScript
    Avoid serving legacy JavaScript to modern browsers
    Reduce the impact of third-party code
    Registers an unload listener
    Minimize main-thread work –> scripts are the largest component
    Reduce JavaScript execution time

Every single script not only adds to the pages file size, the browser has to also execute them.
    Executing larger/complex scripts or multiple scripts eats up browser resources. During which time the browser can’t do other things, like render the page and that important LCP element.
    It can also mean the APIs the browser users for reporting metrics like LCP have a harder time calculating those metrics resulting in strange timings….

So how to fix ?

If you’re 100% in control of the scripts being loaded on your site, then you could choose to defer loading those scripts until the code necessary for rendering above the fold content are loaded. Which is what plugins like WP Rocket etc. do. I assume Ezoic Leap should do this too (?)

However the large amount of scripts being loaded on your page are your advert and related analytics scripts. And those will be coming from Ezoic. And it needs to be addressed by them, its not something you or i can change.

What other things are there?

Unneeded Font Preloading
    There are unused fonts being preloaded on your site including a legacy GP install of Font Awesome as an example:

<link rel="preload" as="font" href="https://www.wildlifeartstore.com/wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2" crossorigin="">

GP does not preload fonts. So that would have been done by an optimization plugin.
    Check in your optimization plugins settings for any font preloads and make sure those are removed.

Woocommerce and other plugins code

Where possible it is best NOT to load code from a plugin that is not required on a page.
    And woo is one of those plugins that loads a lot of code and it can load it everywhere. I generally optimize a site and dequeue woo styles and scripts on pages that are not required. And the simplest method of doing that is the Perfmatters plugin.

I am sorry i can’t give a GO HERE > DO THAT answer as that would be to say, don’t load adverts or don’t have a shop ….

Kevin

I will follow up on this as well as I can. Thanks for your help.

Regards Kevin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.