[Support request] Can somebody check why personalization in GP blog page is not recognized, pleas?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can somebody check why personalization in GP blog page is not recognized, pleas?

Home Forums Support Can somebody check why personalization in GP blog page is not recognized, pleas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mar

Hello,

I did my website in 2020 and it went well.

However, I have started a blog, but I am not getting the blog page Personalization correctly: I wanted it to show just about 60 words extract, etc., but it has the full one post that I have, no H1, and some other problems, so I think the Personalization is going to some other page instead of that one.

I am sure it would be easy to find out what it is with somebody who knew what s/he was doing, but I am at a loss.

Thank you.

Keep well.

Best,

Mar

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mar,

Your blog page is a static page, and it’s using some kind of block to add in the post.

So the customizer options for blog won’t work, as GP doesn’t have control over blocks.

Mar

Hello again,

Thank you for the message.
    At the moment, the blog page I have is static, because the one that should be happening does not seem to reflect the personalization that I put in GP part. When I change the “Entry page” to “Blog”, that is when I have the problem: it does have the 2-column appearance, but it shows the whole post in one column, not just the extract :-).

It seems to be trying to apply the personalization to the Home page, instead of the Blog page; so since I wanted to publish today, I put a dummy Blog page for the time being, sorry I did not make myself clear.

I can give you access to my admin bit and you can check it to see what I mean? You can just put it in “Maintenance mode” at the top…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.