[Support request] Can Page Header Image be Different to Product Image

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can Page Header Image be Different to Product Image

Home Forums Support Can Page Header Image be Different to Product Image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Neil

Hi,

I’m loving the new page header functionality but I think I have found a problem (for me at least).

I have my page header setup for each of my product pages to pull the featured image for the header image.

Is it possible to use an image from the product image gallery instead? I don’t want my page header to be the same as the main product image.

Take a look at my staging site to see what’s happening now and you’ll see why it’s an issue. I only have one image on there right now.

http://stage.fickaskap.com/product/waterproof-phone-valuables-wallet/

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Neil,

Currently that would be super tough, but I’ve logged it as an issue to look at. The hard part would be the option side of things so you could choose the image.

I’ll see what I can do πŸ™‚

Neil

Hi Tom,

I had guessed as much. Without knowing too much about the WP architecture, could you do it by adding a separate ‘page header image’ to each page in addition to the feature image?

For now, as I only have one product, I’ll create a specific header just for that product. Having a solution to this as we add more products would be useful though πŸ™‚

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, you could create individual Page Headers for each product and upload a custom image for each one.

Let me know if you need any help with that πŸ™‚

Neil

I’m one step ahead of you for a change πŸ™‚

Created a new page header specific to each product with a custom image. For now this is fine, but will get a bit tedious when we start to add more products.

It’s probably not top of your priorities for a new feature but it would be appreciated if it could be looked at, at some point.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll definitely look into it.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.