[Resolved] Can mobile have a menu item AND hamburger menu?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can mobile have a menu item AND hamburger menu?

Home Forums Support Can mobile have a menu item AND hamburger menu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

On tablet and desktop, I have one primary menu item (login) and a hamburger icon (Off Campus Panel) with a different menu.

How can I configure this for mobile and sticky?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use a Block Element – Hook:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-hook/

Add your button / link to the element content.
    Set the Hook to: menu_bar_items – this will position it beside the hamburger toggle.
    Set the Display Rules > Location to Entire Site

Michelle

Good morning, David.

The reason you didn’t see the button when you looked is that I had the mobile menu breakpoint and navigation drop point adjusted so the hamburger menu would show on all sizes.

I have a Block Hook created and set to menu_bar_items. It did add the logout button. However, a duplicate menu item from my primary menu is right next to it, not styled as a button. I don’t know how to get rid of it. When I deleted everything out of primary navigation menu, every page on my site showed up there.

I prefer to have both the button and the hamburger menu in the site header, along with my site logo, but will settle with having one or the other.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Michelle,

Can you try setting the mobile menu breakpoint to 2000px? We’ll check why the logout button added through a hook isn’t appearing with that setting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.