[Resolved] Can I Use Block Elements for Dynamically Generated Archives?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I Use Block Elements for Dynamically Generated Archives?

Home Forums Support Can I Use Block Elements for Dynamically Generated Archives?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

Here is my situation:

I have a few pages where I dynamically generate archives based on specific criteria. I currently display each post in the archive by hooking into the generate_before_do_template_part action and using the generate_do_template_part filter to bypass the standard archive. I generate the html for each post in the archive using a simple php function.

Is there a way instead of using php I would instead use a block element for each post? Obviously I would have to use some shortcodes for dynamic elements like post title since the dynamic content option isn’t available yet, but can this be done? Or is there a better way to do it?

I would love to have all the generated html possible in GP/GB for future maintenance and changes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is coming in the next GPP version. You’ll have full control over your archives using Block Elements and GB – no need for shortcodes or template tags either. It’s about 95% built, we’re very close to releasing an alpha version πŸ™‚

Samuel

Any chance you need testers for an Alpha version πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We make our alpha and beta versions available to all license holders.

When available, you’ll see the download link in your account. You can also opt-in for updates via the Dashboard: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/beta-testing/

Testing is always appreciated! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.