[Support request] Can I update GP elements via FTP?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can I update GP elements via FTP?

Home Forums Support Can I update GP elements via FTP?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Hi GP Team! I just wanted to ask… is there a way for me to update elements via FTP?

I can see that for functions.php I can edit and overwrite the file while logged into my hosting account with Filezilla. My question is if there are specific files for GP hook elements that can be edited and overwritten with FTP in the same manner? I have several consistent custom hooks and elements that I’ve created for each of my sites and I wanted to know if there is a way for me to just edit the element files once with a text editor and then just upload and overwrite on all my domains. This would be way faster than having to login and edit each and every hook element for each site… this is what I am currently doing and it just doesn’t scale lol.

Let me know what you guys think! Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

GP elements are saved on the database. They’re WordPress content (post type = gp_elements).

You can access them by using Database tool Like PHPMYADMIN.

You can even do a fast query through CLI –
    Example: SELECT * FROMwp_postsWHEREpost_type= 'gp_elements'

While you can edit the contents there, It’s a pain to do especially on things that may need live preview to get right.

Eric

Oh wow ok… hmmm this is much more technical than I thought! I think I will have to study it a bit. Thanks though…

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

no problem. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.