[Resolved] Can I organize sections in the column of the page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I organize sections in the column of the page?

Home Forums Support Can I organize sections in the column of the page?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alexander Babaev

Hello! First of all, I want to thank you for the wonderful plugin! And I ask to forgive my English (it is not my native language!). I want to know from you, is it possible to organize sections of the page in columns?

For example,
    -Section 1-
    -Section 2-
    -Section 3-
    -Section 4-
    сan I arrange so:
    -Section 1-
    -Section 2–Section 3-
    -Section 4-

Thanks for your reply!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try using Tom’s Lightweight Grid Columns plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

Let me know.

Alexander Babaev

Hi there,

Try using Tom’s Lightweight Grid Columns plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

Let me know.

Thanks. But it’s not that. In sections, you can change the background, change the color, etc. The plugin you specify can only share the text without everything else.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If that’s the case then try using GP’s built in grid system. So try something like this inside the section:

<div class="left-column grid-50 tablet-grid-50 mobile-grid-100">
        left side content
    </div>
    <div class="right-column grid-50 tablet-grid-50 mobile-grid-100">
        right side content
    </div>

Then you can style them individually with some CSS like this:

.left-column {
        background-image: url('URL TO THE IMAGE');
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Alexander Babaev

Thanks a lot.

Can I report in this topic of the bugs I found?

The disappearance of the menu with a slight scroll. The main menu has disappeared, and the sticky has not appeared yet, if you return back at that moment, the main menu will not be displayed.

And I would also like that, in addition to eliminating the elements, there would be an inclusion. For example, I have an secondary menu for 3 pages from 15. Now I have to edit 12 pages and exclude them from this menu. And I would like to have opened these 3 pages and included them, except 12.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a link to the page where the menu is working? It could be that the page is not long enough for the sticky navigation is not triggered yet. But it definitely should display when you scroll back up.

And I would also like that, in addition to eliminating the elements, there would be an inclusion. For example, I have an secondary menu for 3 pages from 15. Now I have to edit 12 pages and exclude them from this menu. And I would like to have opened these 3 pages and included them, except 12.

Sorry not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit more?

Alexander Babaev

Can you provide a link to the page where the menu is working? It could be that the page is not long enough for the sticky navigation is not triggered yet. But it definitely should display when you scroll back up.

For example, in this page.
    See video here…

Sorry not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit more?

GP has addon Generate Disable Elements which hides the elements. I’m talking about the opposite: by default, the element (for example, secondary menu) is hidden in all page, but on certain pages it is included manually.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just fixed that menu glitch – thanks for pointing it out! GPP 1.4 beta1 is going to be released tomorrow, so you can install that to make sure my fix is 100% good.

As for the second issue, this is something I’m aiming for in GPP 1.6 (default hidden items that can be shown/hidden on specific pages). For now, you would have to use CSS to show/hide elements. Let us know if you need help with that 🙂

Alexander Babaev

I just fixed that menu glitch – thanks for pointing it out! GPP 1.4 beta1 is going to be released tomorrow, so you can install that to make sure my fix is 100% good.

Thanks a lot!

As for the second issue, this is something I’m aiming for in GPP 1.6 (default hidden items that can be shown/hidden on specific pages).

I’m really looking forward to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.