[Resolved] Can I import more one site library?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I import more one site library?

Home Forums Support Can I import more one site library?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alejandro

Hello,
    What happen if I import some items (web templates of site library)
    After I can change from one to another?

many thanks
    Alejandro

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you imported the Site on a new install and made no changes to the site, then importing a new site should prompt you to remove the old one.

If that prompt does not appear, and you have no content you want to keep, then you can use the WP Reset plugin to remove the old site, before importing the new one:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/

Alejandro

Hello
    But I already have pages created and content,
    What will happen when the new template is imported?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have content that you need to keep then DO NOT run the WP Reset as that will remove that content.

I would suggest the following:

1. Move your site tom a Staging Site, your host should be able to help with that.
    2. In Customizer > Additional CSS – delete any CSS that was imported from the old site.
    3. Delete any pages or content that the old Site imported.
    4. Import the new site.
    5. Check for any issues, update your menus and logos and if ok – push your Staging Site to Live.

Alejandro

Thanks David,

Can I import some template and keep the pages that I have and if I want to take advantage of part of the content (container) that I have imported in the pages that I already had? as I have done with other wordpres themes …..

Or please you can tell me some simple way to do it, what you tell me is not possible I am not a developer.

I just want to save work and reuse the content of the generate press templates

Thanks

P.S. if I download the “elementor” templates … does the same thing happen?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can import another site, it will keep all your existing content and then you can delete what you don’t need or make copies of the content and add that to your other pages.

But i would suggest you at the very least make a back up of your existing site before doing this.

Alejandro

Another site but site library of GeneratePress or Elementor template…. Can I not?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can import an Elementor site, it will just install Elementor and the sites content. Your existing pages will still be the default WP editor pages.

Alejandro

ok thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.