[Resolved] Can I import a demosite from the library to a webpage thats already with content

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I import a demosite from the library to a webpage thats already with content

Home Forums Support Can I import a demosite from the library to a webpage thats already with content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian

Hello, I have question, hope you can help me.

I have a website of an artist that’s already done, it has images, text, etc. I saw the Abstract demo and i love the layout, color layout scheme and so on, so I would love to import that demo to my page but I’m afraid that the content, pages and text from my page could get erased… ¿can I import the demo? ¿is it safe to my content?.

Thanks for the help, love GP

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You should be able to do that.

The “Remove Imported Site” option only removes what it added.

Pages and Posts added outside of site library’s import content will be retained.

That said, if you’ve only edited the pages and posts imported by the site library to add your content in, then your worry is valid as they’re removed regardless of what is added/edited within its contents.

Although, before removing imported site, you may want to consider exporting your pages and posts to a file through WordPress’ default export tool via Tools > Export.

After exporting the posts and pages, you can do a “remove imported site” and import Abstract and then re-import the pages you’ve exported.

Sebastian

Thanks, for the help

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks, for the help

No problem. Glad to be of any help. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.