[Resolved] Can I accomplish this?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I accomplish this?

Home Forums Support Can I accomplish this?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Elvin.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey

I would like to create a “shop” page, as seen here:

https://www.abeautifulplate.com/shop/

Would I accomplish this by creating a gallery grid? I’d like to have a CTA beneath each image, as in the example.

Furthermore, how would I “nest” my pages so that I could have a secondary navigation? The secondary nav would be for shopping categories (as seen in the example).

Thank you!

-Kelsey

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Would I accomplish this by creating a gallery grid? I’d like to have a CTA beneath each image, as in the example.

I’m not sure what gallery grid you’ll be using to be sure if it’ll be doable on it. πŸ™‚

This reference site uses the default loop of products woocommerce uses but it removes the default “add to cart” button in favor of another button w/ a dynamic link value pointing to other sites.

This should be doable but you’ll need to have a store of value for the dynamic links first if you wish to fully copy what the reference site is doing.

You then pull this dynamic link value and set it up as the href of the button to be hooked in to replace the “add to cart” button.

I think you can copy this exact functionality by adding a custom field on products (for the links).

And then add your button w/ a dynamic link through woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item with a priority of 10 or higher.

Furthermore, how would I β€œnest” my pages so that I could have a secondary navigation? The secondary nav would be for shopping categories (as seen in the example).

One of GP Premium’s site library template, “Niche”, actually does this. See the demo site here – https://gpsites.co/niche/

Click a category and you’ll see a secondary navigation appear. πŸ™‚

You may want to consider using the template if you’re starting fresh.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Kelsey

Thank you πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. πŸ˜€

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.