[Support request] Calculated field problem…

Home Forums Support Calculated field problem…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary Hatfield

Hi,

I would like to do a page which has a simple calculated field in it and would like to get some feedback. I’ve spent a fair amount of time on it already but it feels like I am not making any headway.

What I am trying to do is implement a set of questions and choices for those questions. The first column is just a text field 2 Characters high, the second column is just a drop down select box with the various choices for that particular question. When the questions are answered the form just adds up those choices and puts it in a calculated total field.

I tried doing this with a plugin which works to a degree but I wasn’t able to line up the select boxes with each question. I then tried using a spreadsheet, that lets me format it so that the selection box dropdown lines up with the question. But I am not sure how difficult it will be to add up those numbers from the selection boxes and put that total in a field.

I also took a look at the code which is generating the page but I am not sure what I should be modifying. I am pretty sure I can put something together but I need someone who knows more than I do to point me in the right direction.

The link to the test page I have set up is at http://www.identifyandnourish.com/pagetest

If you know of a plugin which can do that please let me know. Or, if you have any ideas on how I should approach the code, that too would be appreciated.

Thanks for any feedback or ideas,
    Gary

GeneratePress 1.3.46
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Something like this might work:

.col-sm-6.last_col select {
        height: 54px;
    }

However, I can’t help but think it would be better to just add the questions as regular text above each selector. This would be better on mobile etc..

Gary Hatfield

Thanks for your feedback, Tom.

You are referring to altering the code in the plugin part, not the spreadsheet part right ?

Not sure how many folks would want to be filling out a whole bunch of questions on a phone, it’d be better on a desktop or tablet, but I am giving that some more thought.

Gary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct. The CSS I gave you should make the questions and select boxes line up then 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.