[Support request] Button to switch between different Customizer presets

Home Forums Support [Support request] Button to switch between different Customizer presets

Home Forums Support Button to switch between different Customizer presets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    George

I understand that this is a kind of an involved question but I am just looking for some starting pointers.

I want to incorporate buttons on the front end that would act as a kind of preset switch to change the look of the template. For every preset selection, I would like to inject changes to the Customizer settings so that if a user has selected a preset on the front end, the related Customizer settings would also be available in the Customizer on the backed.

Where should I start looking?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WP has Customizer Changesets ( you can read more on them here ) BUT this is only for the customizer preview and drafts.

If you could switch customizer settings using this method from the frontend – which is probably doable – then this change would be committed to the Site – which means all users would see the changes. You wouldn’t be able to have one setting for me and one for yourself.

So the only options i can think of boil down to switching style sheets or some convoluted multisite.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.