[Resolved] Button: responsive and center-aligned

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Button: responsive and center-aligned

Home Forums Support Button: responsive and center-aligned

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Esben

I’ve been trying the last 3 hours to do 2 things with my CTA “Kontakt os” button on this page: http://www.entandbedre.dk

1. Align it in the middle
    2. Make it responsive, both the colored area and the text within.

So far I have managed to center it, but I am not able to make it responsive. It does not scale right.

It should be pretty simple, right? What is the best GP practice for making responsive buttons?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing it centered, but you should be able to do so quite easily like this:

<p style="text-align: center;">Your button here</p>

What about it isn’t scaling right?

Esben

Thanks a bunch Tom. You did not see it centered because I could not figure out how to center it while keeping the responsive scaling right.

Would you have any idea why there is a stroke on the button, when I access the page from my iOS device?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there is this CSS that is adding a 1px border to the button – it looks the same to me on desktop or iOS

a.button,
    a.button:visited,
    button,
    input[type="submit"] {
    	border-width: 1px;
    	border-style: solid;
    	border-color: inherit;
    }
    Esben

That is weird. Both in Safari on macOS and iOS I get the border around the button. The CSS you are referring to, is that standard in GP? If yes, how do I overwrite it? I haven’t added anything the likes of it.

I am able to overwrite it using this less elegant solution:

a.button,
    a.button:visited,
    button,
    input[type="submit"] {
    	border-width: 0!important;
    	border-style: none!important;
    }
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

check in your Additional CSS – it looks like its left over from installing a GP Site (?)

Esben

Thanks David, it was indeed in Additional CSS.

This is a fresh install of GP, any clue why there is a bunch of CSS in the Additional CSS?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Odd – GP doesn’t add anything to the Additional CSS. The comment at the end of the Additional CSS is what we add to the CSS that comes as part of a GP Site install.

Esben

Strange indeed. I deleted all of it since I use the style.css in my child theme instead. Thanks for your help David, I will mark this topic as solved.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.