Home Forums Support Business Model

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Roberto Enrique

You did the right thing with the new pricing πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Hopefully it puts some minds at ease when it comes to the future of GP. It’s not going anywhere πŸ™‚

Ted

I’m ready to upgrade right now. Just one question. Did you get a way to setup the activation key in one place (wp-config.php was discussed) for activation?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not yet, but I’m working on it πŸ™‚

I might make it a separate plugin just for professional license holders that includes that, plus white labeling etc..

Lyle

Hopefully it puts some minds at ease when it comes to the future of GP. It’s not going anywhere πŸ™‚

Which is why I do believe the whole GP community should back the recommendation that you NOT participate in any of the lotteries! πŸ™‚ Next thing you know, you’ll “click on the big one” and retire to the south of France or Haida Gwaii (or buy James Island from Craig McCaw! – my nephew worked there for 8+ years).

In all seriousness though, I have no idea how you manage to keep up with all the support requests both here and on the WP repo, work on the products and still have a life! Awesome! πŸ™‚ Hopefully this new model will help a lot with the ongoing success of all things GP! πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hah, even if that were to happen, I would hire the best support team available and would still code GP in my down time πŸ˜‰

Bill

This is funny…

I was a long time Thesis theme (Dev license) user and jumped ship when 2.0 hit. Went to Genesis (Dev license). Unless you wanted your site to look like every other Genesis theme out there you needed Dynamik (3 site license). Even then, you needed a bunch of plugins for basic functionality.

So, I was in the “This is too cheap to be true” crowd. It was this forum and the recommendations from the Beaver Builder FB group that convinced me buy GP.

On a side note: I honestly thought there was a group of 20 or so people called “Tom” answering all the questions, here. I mean, there was no way it was just one person. You answer quickly with a solution. That, alone, is worth the price of GP.

So, I am glad you changed your business model. I want you to thrive and continue doing what you do. A lot of us rely on your awesome work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Bill! I rely on all of you as well, so it’s a two way street. I really enjoy helping out and making GP better πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So it’s been a week since the change, and the numbers didn’t really add up – so I’ve switched it back to the original license for now.

Back to the drawing board! πŸ™‚

Mike

I earn a nice living and take care of my wife and kids by using WP themes to build and maintain websites for clients. I encourage people doing the same to send Tom the GP add-on cost or even $20 for each site they build and get paid for. It is the right thing to do and will help ensure Tom never leaves us πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Mike! πŸ™‚

I’ll be exploring some other options, and I’ll be creating premium child themes as well in the very near future.

Mike

That sounds awesome. Any thought to letting third party designers create child themes? Basically how StudioPress has their Genesis child themes, and then third party themes for sale.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely, I’m totally open to that.

Of course, they would have to look awesome and use the GP Premium defaults functions to create the settings so people could change the colors and other options using GP Premium πŸ™‚

Mike

Great, not that I have free time, but it is something I would like to try and chip away at.

Jamal

Sad that the numbers don’t add up Tom but is a week enough to give you the full picture? I have some suggestions which are maybe just a little bit better than the current model but worth a try.
    1. How about keeping the price as it’s now but introducing a developer option with a 50% discount on renewals?
    2. Or keeping the developer price at 69 but increasing the personal websites limit to lets say 10? This way you will ensure customers take that first step in buying your product and once they experience it then they will happily upgrade.

Tough decisions and hope you find the right balance between bringing people in the door and providing for your family.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.