[Support request] Bug Report: Enabling the Spacing module in GP Premium breaks YouTube embeds

Home Forums Support [Support request] Bug Report: Enabling the Spacing module in GP Premium breaks YouTube embeds

Home Forums Support Bug Report: Enabling the Spacing module in GP Premium breaks YouTube embeds

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joel

As the topic title says, enabling the Spacing module in GP Premium causes YouTube embeds to display a blank space with a link underneath.

I have confirmed the issue by turning off all plugins, which is how I narrowed it down to GP Premium being the culprit.

I then proceeded to disable all modules and re-enable one by one until I confirmed it was the Spacing module that is causing it.

Example below

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not able to replicate that on any of my sites. Is it possible to see the site you have the issue on ?

Joel
    Joel

I figured this out – it turns out, it’s related to the youtu.be links (the ones YouTube creates when you select “Copy link”)

Very odd that only a combo of the the Spacing module and using the shortened URLs triggers this.

But I’m happy to copy the full links out of the address bar.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are quite a lot of reports regarding the shortened youtu.be URLs failing to embed. And thats just a WordPress thing.
    What i am confused about is the relationship here where the spacing module triggers that issue.
    I just cannot replicate it on my local install.

I am happy to take a closer look if you have a URL to a post where the issue occurs?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.