[Support request] Buddypress Issues x 3

Home Forums Support [Support request] Buddypress Issues x 3

Home Forums Support Buddypress Issues x 3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi Guys

I have an issue on a site I built recently where the header logo is disappearing on Buddypress pages, you can see the issue in the link provided, the client wants a community on the site.

Another issue I have is the registration page for Buddypress redirects to the homepage. I am not sure if this is GP related or not.

And thirdly I want to hide the page title on certain Buddypress pages but not all. I tried this
    #post-0 .entry-header h1, .page-header h1 {display: none;} but it hides all the page titles.

Sorry for asking 3 questions in one post but this is driving me a little nuts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Gary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Gary,

The navigation logo isn’t showing up because you have it set to show when the menu is sticky only: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-logo/

The redirection sounds like a server or plugin issue.

Can you link me to a page you want to remove the title on?

Gary

Hi Tom

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I am using the site logo which is why I haven’t set it to use sticky and static. The logo works fine on every other page, post and product but for some reason not on the custom posts that BuddyPress creates.

I want to lose the page title on the member pages ie https://www.domain.no/members/tinpeas/ if possible, that’s the main issue as the user name is on the wall paper so it looks a bit messy.

The redirect issue was just me losing the plot so please forgive me for that, its been one of those weeks.

Cheers

Gary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you show me a page where the logo is working?

As for the title, try this:

.type-bp_members .entry-header {
        display: none;
    }
    Gary

Hi Tom

That code worked a treat thanks.

The logo is in the top left hand corner of every page in the header mate. I have sent an email to support@ with two screen shots to illustrate what I mean.

Thats for helping with this buddy.

Cheers

Gary

Gary

Hi Again Tom

I have fixed the logo issues by hiding the header, using the navigation logo and adding a bit of css.

One last thing mate, I need to add 10px of padding to the top of the static menu to get it to work and then 0px of padding to the top of the sticky menu and I can’t seem to figure it out. It works in the Firefox dev tools but disappears when I add it to the css file.

This is what I have:

.main-navigation .navigation-logo img {
    height: 60px;
    margin-top: -10px;
    }
    .site-logo .sticky-logo .navigation-logo {
    padding-top: 0px;
    }
    .site-logo .sticky-logo .navigation-logo img {
    height: 60px !important;
    padding-top: 14px;
    }
    .sticky-enabled .main-navigation.is_stuck {
    padding-top: 0px !important;
    }
    .nav-aligned-right.nav-above-header .main-navigation, .nav-aligned-right.nav-below-header .main-navigation {
    text-align: right;
    padding-top: 10px !important;
    }
    .site-header {
    display: none;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Give this a shot:

.main-navigation:not(.is_stuck) .site-logo {
        margin-top: 10px;
    }
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.