[Support request] Broken Image Links

Home Forums Support [Support request] Broken Image Links

Home Forums Support Broken Image Links

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matt Stern

Hi guys, I’m not sure this is a Generate Press issue, but wondering if you have any ideas….

We’re rebuilding a site with GP. The media library was so large and bloated (over 500k images) that we couldn’t migrate the site with a plugin. We manually downloaded all the images via FTP, optimized them, then re-uploaded them to a staging ground via FTP. We then used an “Add from Server” type plugin to bring the images into the media library.

Now, the images do show up on blog posts, but the links are broken when you click on one.

Example here: https://4sternstaging.com/stargirl-season-2-summer-school-finale-spoilers-teases-stargirl-frenemies-season-3-for-2022/

This wouldn’t be a huge deal, however we’re trying to use a plugin that automatically takes the first image of a post and turns it into the featured image. This isn’t working, my guess is b/c somehow the images aren’t really there?? If we manually add an image to the post, it will automatically become the featured image, so we know that the plugin works. There is some other issue here with the images after the migration.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Matt

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Matt,

This isn’t working, my guess is b/c somehow the images aren’t really there??

That may be the case. While it can copy the url path, if the actual image file isn’t on the URL path then there’s nothing to display.

Personally, I’d try to remove/delete all registered and generated image sized on the site to be migrated.

I’ll then do the copy afterward this process is done so I don’t have to copy too many things. T

This way, at the least you still have the base image size (full) to work on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.