[Support request] Breakdown on How to Build A lightning Fast Website

Home Forums Support [Support request] Breakdown on How to Build A lightning Fast Website

Home Forums Support Breakdown on How to Build A lightning Fast Website

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hi

Could you make a break down on how to build this website. swimuniversity.com

Especially the TWO Pages he has built for all of his blog posts, and how he has split them down so that the posts go direct into each section on each page.

On the POOL page for instance he has split it down into 6 sub sections on one page. This page is lightening fast and works perfect in mobile.

It is exactly what google are looking for in 2021.

He does not use an image when you go to any of the posts. He uses a strong header and gets straight into the meat of the post.

The rest of the post should be easily enough to follow as it is links to other posts and amazon affiliate links.

It is the TWO pages that I would like to build with Generatepress and the Front page, which I presume is a page and not a post.

Regards

Kevin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hey Kevin,

Let’s tackle one issue at a time.

I just checked the site and the Pool Care page looks like it’s just a static page with 6 lists of articles links.

The site isn’t using WordPress so we can’t tell for sure if those articles are automatically fed or not.

Have you started creating it? What issues have you ran into?

Kevin

This describes how it is achieved with that theme which may help you recreate it with GP.

https://www.buycarbonate.com/subcategories/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I feel like using a plugin like WP Show Posts might make things easier:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

Kevin

Hi

Dont know how you check your websites but this IS a wordpress website.
    That is the whole reason I wanted to use the design.

I bought one of his themes a couple of years ago which is a wordpress them, but sadly his documentation was really poor.

Hopefully you can break it down so that I can rebuild the pages he has made in wordpress. He has maybe used some CSS, but apart from that it is all wordpress.

He uses his own theme, which I have a copy of if it would help.

Regards

kevin

Kevin

Kevin

I own that theme. Sadly it does not go into enough detail for me and he is not a great deal of help.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you wanting to add this list anywhere? If so, you could build a shortcode:

add_shortcode( 'subcategory_list', function() {
        ob_start();
        ?>
            Highlighted code from the link below in here.
        <?php
        return ob_get_clean();
    } );

And this is the code you add: https://gist.github.com/giovanisci/fca5d88531a9fb8bda0f2e0aab7e304a#file-sub-category-page-L6-L28

Then you can add [subcategory_list] to your content to display the list.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.