[Resolved] breadcrumbs – size & hiding them on certain pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] breadcrumbs – size & hiding them on certain pages

Home Forums Support breadcrumbs – size & hiding them on certain pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joslyn

Hi,
    I’ve just changed over to the GP theme from MetroStore Pro. I like to hide the breadcrumbs on the front page and all other pages except for the Woo Commerce/Shop pages. I’d also like to make the size of the breadcrumbs smaller – about 10 or 12.

I’ve looked through documentation and tried the codes given to other people but nothing changes.

I also like to change the layout of the product info tabs on the individual product pages. the “additional info” should be one of the last tabs, not the first one. And I’d like to make the font size smaller one the tab names so that they all fit on one line. Again I’ve tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for your assistance.

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WOO has its own breadcrumbs for products, you can activate this in the Customiser > Layout > Woocommerce (make sure you have the Woocommerce module activated in Appearance > GeneratePress)

Changing the order of the tabs can be done with the filter provided here:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/editing-product-data-tabs/#section-3

It’s PHP, options to add are:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Changing the Tab title font size – this CSS:

.woocommerce div.product .woocommerce-tabs ul.tabs li a {
        font-size: 12px;
    }
    Joslyn

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve managed to change the font size on the tabs with that code – thanks. I’ll work on the order of the tabs later tonight or tomorrow.

In regards to the breadcrumbs – I’ve done all of that. I want to remove them from the front page and other pages and ONLY have them on the WooCommerce/Shop pages. Is there some code I can add to remove them from these other pages?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joslyn – i’m a little confused ( which is quite common for me lol ), the Woo breadcrumbs only display on the Woocommerce pages so they shouldn’t appear on static pages or posts. Is there something i am missing?

Joslyn

hmmmm…. it’s me that’s confused! Sorry! It’s not breadcrumbs then. The title of each page shows up under the menu bar on the pages that aren’t the woocommerce/shop pages. I just assumed that it was the breadcrumbs but obviously that’s wrong!

So what I like to remove is the page title from the front page – “premium concrete sealers” which is just under the menu bar. I just went through the other pages and realised that it’s probably best they stay there and I change the other headings. I hope I make a bit of sense now??

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so you can use this:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

You can disable the Title for each page 🙂

Joslyn

Ok thanks that worked. It wouldn’t show that it worked when I previewed the page – but after I’d updated the page it worked. Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome, glad we could be of help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.