[Resolved] Breadcrumbs showing above each post in archive?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Breadcrumbs showing above each post in archive?

Home Forums Support Breadcrumbs showing above each post in archive?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Oliver

Hi – I am using Rank Math and I have Breadcrumbs appearing on individual posts and at the top of category and author archive pages – see the links in the private info box. However, on the archive pages the breadcrumbs appear above EVERY post. I only want them to appear at the TOP of the archive page.

I have the Hook Element enabled using the breadcrumb short code and the display rules are ‘Author Archives’ ‘Post – All Posts’ and Post Category Archive – All Categories’. Do I need to use different Display rules so the breadcrumbs only appear at the top of the archive pages?

Thank you in advance!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Oliver,

Try seperate the hook element into 2, one for Post – All Posts , the other one for the archives.

For the one for archives, try using generate_before_main_content as the hook.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Oliver

Thanks, Ying. Yes, that worked. However, when you view the category or author archive on mobile the breadcrumbs need padding on the left to ensure it’s inline with the rest of the content, but I’m not sure where to add this?

I also want to increase the gap between the bottom of the header and top of the breadcrumbs, and also decrease the space between the bottom of the breadcrumbs and top of the title. Do I need to add CSS to achieve this?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let’s take 1 question at a time.

Can you try switching toone containerat customizer > layout > container to see if that works for question 1?

Oliver

Thanks, Ying. Yes, that worked! I also managed to answer my second question myself, so it’s all working correctly now! One last thing… when I choose the tablet layout and adjust the padding it doesn’t seem to save – I can only adjust the padding in desktop and mobile view, not tablet?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Customizer can only generate 2 sets of paddings – mobile (max-width 768px) & desktop (min-width 769px), the tablet view is just for a preview, it doesn’t really generate any values.

Tablet can be tricky, iPad width is 768px while iPad Pro width is 1024px, so it’s very difficult to define.

Hope I made it clear πŸ™‚

Oliver

Thanks, Ying. That all makes sense!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.