[Support request] Breadcrumbs

Home Forums Support [Support request] Breadcrumbs

Home Forums Support Breadcrumbs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martyn

Hi Guys,

I’m hoping you could help me understand what’s changed with the breadcrumbs for the product pages in WooCommerce. They used to show all levels categories but now seem to only show the top level parent category.

Ie.
    https://www.southernman.com.au/product/used-second-hand-surfboard-dhd-dx1-511/

Used to show “Home / Boardsports / Surf / Second-hand Surfboards / Used Second Hand Surfboard DHD DX1 5’11”

Now it’s only “Home / Boardsports / Used Second Hand Surfboard DHD DX1 5’11” which is missing the current and primary category. I think the primary category is important.

I’ve always assumed this is controlled by the theme as there is a checkbox in your customiser which switches this on and off but GP form/docs seem to say it’s not included and to integrate yoast.

Has the level of detail in the breadcrumbs changed?
    If generate press doesn’t show breadcrumbs on my site where are they coming from as it doesn’t seem to be yoast?

Thanks
    Marty

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the Theme doesn’t add Breadcrumbs.
    But Woocommerce does, and we just provide a GP Premium Customizer option to show or hide the Woo breadcrumbs.

To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed with Woos breadcrumb trail.

But just to complicate things, if you’re using Yoast it too can generate a breadcrumb.
    Maybe you were using Yoast to display them for products before ?

Martyn

Thanks David, we do use yoast, we hadn’t done the integration but I’ll double check this. Thanks for your advice.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I checked out one of my Woo sites, and the breadcrumbs are showing me the entire trail. Even if i have a product that is included in parent categories and sub-categories. It always shows me the longest trail.

Might be worth checking with Woo support if you can’t swap it out for Yoast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.