- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
November 14, 2016 at 12:36 am #244196Anna
I’ve got the Yoast breadcrumbs in and nicely aligned with my content container, however, I’ve got two problems I haven’t been able to figure out. Can you help?
(1) I’ve had to use a combination of categories and custom links in order to set up my PowerPack content grid filters and in order to get a menu structure including non-clickable elements. Problem is, now the breadcrumb only shows the actual pages which leaves gaps in my hierarchy. Is there a way around this?
(2) My breadcrumb now is in a God-awful green I didn’t choose but I don’t know where (and to some extent, how) to access the breadcrumb styling settings. Advice?
Thanks very much!
AnnaNovember 14, 2016 at 9:05 am #244275TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. This might be something you need to ask the Yoast support team.
2. Can you link me to the page? I should be able to help with this 🙂November 14, 2016 at 9:57 pm #244427Anna
Hi Tom — thanks for the speedy reply 🙂
I am using the free Yoast and I understand they don’t provide support unless one has a premium account. I’ll run it by others in their forum.
I’d be happy to link you but I’m working on a local development site. It would be a huge help if I could just understand the various ‘jurisdictions’ on a page: on my page YOU ‘own’ the header, footer, and sidebar(s) and BeaverBuilder ‘owns’ the content area. But to whom does the breadcrumb ‘belong’ — only Yoast or Breadcrumb NavXT or whomever? And where are the settings and to what degree are they open to all?
Newbie pain 🙂November 14, 2016 at 11:16 pm #244443TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Is there any chance you can throw the site up on a temporary live server? A plugin like Duplicator really helps with that..
If so, I might be able to help you figure out both issues?
Let me know 🙂November 15, 2016 at 1:12 am #244464Anna
Not really as I don’t currently have any relationship with a webhost (building my first site).
I don’t mind holding off on this issue UNTIL I push the site live, mind you. But until then, any chance you could point me in the direction of something (Codex?) which would help me clarify what I’m seeing? Sometimes I can figure things out myself and it’s always fun trying 🙂November 15, 2016 at 1:20 am #244465Anna
Something like this:
Looks promising to me? Would be eternally grateful if you were to cast your expert eye over it 🙂November 15, 2016 at 9:23 am #244575TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.