[Support request] Breadcrumb settings?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Breadcrumb settings?

Home Forums Support Breadcrumb settings?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anna

I’ve got the Yoast breadcrumbs in and nicely aligned with my content container, however, I’ve got two problems I haven’t been able to figure out. Can you help?

(1) I’ve had to use a combination of categories and custom links in order to set up my PowerPack content grid filters and in order to get a menu structure including non-clickable elements. Problem is, now the breadcrumb only shows the actual pages which leaves gaps in my hierarchy. Is there a way around this?

(2) My breadcrumb now is in a God-awful green I didn’t choose but I don’t know where (and to some extent, how) to access the breadcrumb styling settings. Advice?

Thanks very much!
    Anna

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Anna,

1. This might be something you need to ask the Yoast support team.

2. Can you link me to the page? I should be able to help with this πŸ™‚

Anna

Hi Tom — thanks for the speedy reply πŸ™‚

I am using the free Yoast and I understand they don’t provide support unless one has a premium account. I’ll run it by others in their forum.

I’d be happy to link you but I’m working on a local development site. It would be a huge help if I could just understand the various ‘jurisdictions’ on a page: on my page YOU ‘own’ the header, footer, and sidebar(s) and BeaverBuilder ‘owns’ the content area. But to whom does the breadcrumb ‘belong’ — only Yoast or Breadcrumb NavXT or whomever? And where are the settings and to what degree are they open to all?

Newbie pain πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there any chance you can throw the site up on a temporary live server? A plugin like Duplicator really helps with that..

If so, I might be able to help you figure out both issues?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Anna

Not really as I don’t currently have any relationship with a webhost (building my first site).

I don’t mind holding off on this issue UNTIL I push the site live, mind you. But until then, any chance you could point me in the direction of something (Codex?) which would help me clarify what I’m seeing? Sometimes I can figure things out myself and it’s always fun trying πŸ™‚

Anna

Something like this:

https://www.thewebtaylor.com/articles/wordpress-creating-breadcrumbs-without-a-plugin

Looks promising to me? Would be eternally grateful if you were to cast your expert eye over it πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could definitely do something like that if you wanted πŸ™‚

Worth trying to see if it fixes your issue or not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.